New biodegradable no ammonia tyre sealant

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

bluebus200

New biodegradable no ammonia tyre sealant

Post by bluebus200 »

Hi all... I've just fitted a new pair of wtb raddlers to my hunt 4 season rims...I was looking into the environmental impact of going tubeless and I found Effetto Mariposa Vegetelex sealant.... Interesting to find a biodegradable no ammonia sealant (is made from ground olive stones I beleive) . I wondered if anyone else has tried it and if so how well it worked in the long run? As it goes the tyres sealed first time and have stayed up for the last three days.
ledburner

Re: New biodegradable no ammonia tyre sealant

Post by ledburner »

I'm just using normal Effetto Mariposa. I'll be intrested to hear how you get on.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Boab

Post by Boab »

I was planning on trying it next time I bought some sealant. Interested to hear how you get on.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

I’ve been using it a while now. Swapped the from standard Effetto stuff.
It evaporates or dries over 6 weeks or 2 months maybe. Doesn’t leave much gunk behind when it does so I’m just topping up through the valve as I remember.
You need to use as much as 20% more than the app recommendation for standard Effetto Cafe Latex- that’s quite a bit in 29+ but negligible in a 700x40c.
I don’t use CO2 so can’t comment on the compatibility claims.
Doesn’t gum up valves quickly.
Main snag is price ~£25/L and I haven’t found a uk supplier. I got mine direct from Effetto in Switzerland.
This is a bit of a sore point in term of carbon for transportation etc. but for me the zero plastic (in the product), zero ammonia and easy genuine biodegradability win the argument.
I ordered 4L and got free delivery - Brexshit of course is gonna stuff up getting it that way for now :|
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Wiggle have it now for £23 per ltr. I needed a new bottle or Stans's so instead I'll give it a try.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/effetto-maripo ... ant-1000ml
bluebus200

Post by bluebus200 »

Only about 200 miles and a couple of weeks since fitting the tyres but zero hassles thus far and very little pressure drop. As said above you can get it from wiggle now. Thanks for the heads up about it drying out I'll keep an eye out for that. On the price issue, each to their own, but I don't reckon an extra few quid more than stans is too bad, not for something thats a whole lot nicer to deal with. I actually thought it smelt quite tasty :lol:
bluebus200

Post by bluebus200 »

dlovett wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 pm Wiggle have it now for £23 per ltr. I needed a new bottle or Stans's so instead I'll give it a try.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/effetto-maripo ... ant-1000ml
How did you get on with it?