Always fancied a Cumulus quilt, just struck me that ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Re: Always fancied a Cumulus quilt, just struck me that ...

Post by Escape Goat »

That's where I got mine. The 350 bag was from Borderer on here.
slarge

Post by slarge »

I know quilts have a following on here, but my Cumulas 200 sleeping bag is brilliant. Warm down to a couple of degrees, it’s fully enclosed so no draughts and sits in between the 150 and 200. Plus sub 500g (I think it’s 400g or so)

I fully recommend one
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

htrider wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:08 am I got mine from Rock n Run at a good price - save all that import hassle?
150 only and I'm looking for a 250.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

slarge wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:40 pm I know quilts have a following on here, but my Cumulas 200 sleeping bag is brilliant. Warm down to a couple of degrees, it’s fully enclosed so no draughts and sits in between the 150 and 200. Plus sub 500g (I think it’s 400g or so)

I fully recommend one
Nice to know. Fairly ardent quilt user though and will be more versatile (for me) between bivi and hammock use.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Arrived safe and sound earlier today. Lovely looking bit of kit. Just wondering whether recent temps are going to a bit out of its range 😉

Prices seem to have dropped on their site but I think, from a quick glance, they're not applying taxes l anymore. Prey to HM Customs now it seems.
Gummikuh

Post by Gummikuh »

I read this a while back in the Guardian.

Holidaymakers or online shoppers who buy items from the EU that are valued at more than £390 will have to pay customs duties, the government has revealed.

VAT and handling fees may also apply on some items, while parcels may be held up in post offices until all duties and fees have been cleared by the recipient in the UK.

So I guess it will depend on how much stuff costs, but don't forget to factor in the Royal Mail and there grubby mitts and the handling charge, they won't miss a trick to squeeze a few extra pounds out of you.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Gummikuh wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:58 pm I read this a while back in the Guardian.

Holidaymakers or online shoppers who buy items from the EU that are valued at more than £390 will have to pay customs duties, the government has revealed.

VAT and handling fees may also apply on some items, while parcels may be held up in post offices until all duties and fees have been cleared by the recipient in the UK.

So I guess it will depend on how much stuff costs, but don't forget to factor in the Royal Mail and there grubby mitts and the handling charge, they won't miss a trick to squeeze a few extra pounds out of you.
That's just pretty much how it works anyway, isn't it? Certainly with stuff I've bought from outside the UK and EU. Thanks to Brexit everything from the EU now gets treated like the rest of the world. Worse trading terms? Hmmm 🤪

That value seems high, but I wouldn't know? I wonder if values have even been agreed yet?

Handling fees are a bitch but if you were a business and was having to administer the tax/es, pay it (up front?) and then recover it from the punter it seems unavoidable there's some cost. Oh, and I think it's any courier, not just RM.

Hey ho 😎

I have got a lovely quilt now though :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I tried to post some orders out yesterday to France a Denmark and was told all services to the EU were on hold until further notice.

Further notice happened to be today but as of today, all parcels or large letters going to the EU require a customs declaration sticker. More ball-ache, ace :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Was brousing my favourite German cycling warehouse today( Bike24) and everything is marked " not deliverable to the UK"
Those Brexit dividends just keep on giving.....
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »