As we're talking about Strava today ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richpips

Re: As we're talking about Strava today ...

Post by Richpips »

It's nothing new as a concept. People trying to be cooler than R apha.

What makes me slightly grumpy is that cyclists (and Ag who's behind that is a good one) are poking fun at those who want to get out on their bikes.

Anyways Tom and I are off on a trip over Xmas. We'll do 500K and then some.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I'm in two minds about this. Although it's clearly tongue in cheek so I shouldn't really be thinking about it that seriously at all.

I've thought about the Festive 500 before, but never have, largely because in the end I've ended up making plans to see family and friends, and that takes precedence, and I didn't want to compromise that.

This year, I'm thinking about it again, and due to limited social opportunities, it might just work anyway. I like the idea of an extra incentive to get out on the bike. I need to do at least one 200km audax to keep my RRTY going - appreciate that may not mean anything to some people.

...if that's alright with you lot of course? Tell you what, if you let me do the festive 500, I'll let you continue BAM? Yes, you can even go out for a bivvy when it's sub standard out. A junk sleep, if you will.

Complaining about "junk miles" seems a bit discordant... I've also been of the opinion that there's no such thing as junk miles if you enjoy riding your bike, and such a concept is just a roadie excuse for... I'm not sure what. I thought most folk on here would be of the same disposition but obviously not.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

t's nothing new as a concept. People trying to be cooler than R apha.

What makes me slightly grumpy is that cyclists (and Ag who's behind that is a good one) are poking fun at those who want to get out on their bikes.
Uhm but I thought R@pha's business model was entirely based around the concept of taking the p1ss? :wink:
.if that's alright with you lot of course? Tell you what, if you let me do the festive 500, I'll let you continue BAM? Yes, you can even go out for a bivvy when it's sub standard out. A junk sleep, if you will.
Aye but I'm tempted to say that no one would take offence at the above or really give a toss :wink:

BTW, I don't believe the thing about junk miles either. Owt's better than sitting on your arse ont' settee.
May the bridges you burn light your way
slarge

Post by slarge »

Do we need a panda ?

Let’s just ride bikes, sit on our arses, do whatever. Maybe riding bikes is just sitting on our arses.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:55 pm
Uhm but I thought R@pha's business model was entirely based around the concept of taking the p1ss? :wink:
:lol:
Aye but I'm tempted to say that no one would take offence at the above or really give a toss :wink:

BTW, I don't believe the thing about junk miles either. Owt's better than sitting on your arse ont' settee.
No, I'd hope not. You can rest assured it's not going to affect whether I ride my bike or not :wink: No pandas needed

Exactly.