End of the Troll

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mr conners

End of the Troll

Post by Mr conners »

https://bikepacking.com/news/elegy-troll-pugsley-lht/

Mines done over 35,000km and its still being used regularly, in fact i did the weekly shop on it tonight and lugged it all home in a trailer. What a beast and a bulletproof multfunctional tourer. Sad to see its production end but I suppose 26" wheels are a dying species.
johnnystorm

Re: End of the Troll

Post by johnnystorm »

And rim brakes, RIP LHT & Pack Rat. Does the Pack Rat win the dubious distinction of being the shortest lived Surly?
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Also end of the pugsley. Bit of a design classic really.....
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

htrider wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:11 pm Also end of the pugsley. Bit of a design classic really.....
I am sad the Pug has gone. There's nothing quite like it.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Hamish wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:33 pm
htrider wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:11 pm Also end of the pugsley. Bit of a design classic really.....
And its the "new" one as well. As the fat bike market has returned to just being Surly & Salsa again (or so it seems) I'm surprised that the expedition model wasn't the last man standing. Perhaps the trail geo of the other two aren't a barrier to traipsing into the wilderness?
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

johnnystorm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:40 am
Hamish wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:33 pm
And its the "new" one as well. As the fat bike market has returned to just being Surly & Salsa again (or so it seems) I'm surprised that the expedition model wasn't the last man standing. Perhaps the trail geo of the other two aren't a barrier to traipsing into the wilderness?

Maybe not... And the discussions on geometry in the other threads here make me wonder if a Wednesday is worth a try as a bikepacker...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Always remember lusting after one of these in Alf Jones Cycles! Looked vaguely exciting in the flesh in the yellow and the silly sized tyres :-bd