Overnight stays still banned?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

Re: Overnight stays still banned?

Post by voodoo_simon »

Wales has just banned alcohol from being (completely) served in pubs :shock: That’s me not riding over the border then :o
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Last I heard, we can still go on holiday in Wales, but only if we live in Wales. I'm on a 1 night camping holiday in a slate quarry in the Berwyns. On my November BAM - lying in bed, looking at a full moon.
Last edited by frogatthefarriers on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
RIP

Post by RIP »

:-bd Pleasant dreams Lu!

(Extra points for last day of the month!)
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Thought my question might be appropriate here if that's ok. Q being, that, if I'm in Tier 3. So being in West Yorkshire... Would it be perfectly legit (won't use the term 'reasonable' as I reckon it is) to head out on the 160 miler West Yorkshire Cycle Route. Obviously it'd include a stay/sleep midride but I could easily just sleep on the West Yorkshire side of the road. I could also ride in the orientation that'd keep me in the bohndary of WY.

Thoughts appreciated :smile:
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I'd have no reservations about that Shaf.

Cycling UK have said today:
There is no restriction on the distance you can cycle for exercise, where within England you can cycle, or the frequency of rides.
and
you are permitted to ride from a Tier 3 area into Tier 1, Tier 2 or other Tier 3 areas as part of your route, however you should only stop for a break while within your own area
https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/coron ... g-guidance
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:43 pm Thought my question might be appropriate here if that's ok. Q being, that, if I'm in Tier 3. So being in West Yorkshire... Would it be perfectly legit (won't use the term 'reasonable' as I reckon it is) to head out on the 160 miler West Yorkshire Cycle Route. Obviously it'd include a stay/sleep midride but I could easily just sleep on the West Yorkshire side of the road. I could also ride in the orientation that'd keep me in the bohndary of WY.

Thoughts appreciated :smile:
No need for thoughts, it's FACT.

You need to behave as if you are always in your highest Tier level. So you live in a Tier 3 area, that means if you travel in to a Tier 2 you behave as if you are in Tier 3. So no overnight stays except for work etc. If you are in Tier 2 and travel to Cornwall in Tier 1, you behave as if you are in Tier 2.

If you live in Cornwall (Tier 1) and travel to a Tier 3 area, you behave as if you are in Tier 3.

Always behave as if you are in the highest Tier area. It's easy really.

Otherwise you get the Essex/Kent situation where people are planning on travelling 2 miles from Tier 3 to Tier 2 for 10 pints, then going home again. We would all scoff and sneer at them, so I am afraid we all have to abide by the same rule set.

It's crap. My son lives in Falmouth (Tier 1), but some of his mates who were planning a pre-Christmas surf and drink can't go down now as they live in North Somerset (Tier 3)
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

In Reverse wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:50 pm I'd have no reservations about that Shaf.

Cycling UK have said today:
There is no restriction on the distance you can cycle for exercise, where within England you can cycle, or the frequency of rides.
and
you are permitted to ride from a Tier 3 area into Tier 1, Tier 2 or other Tier 3 areas as part of your route, however you should only stop for a break while within your own area
https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/coron ... g-guidance
Thanks for this Andy. Andy for PM. I'll (try) not (to) take any bivvy gear and if I get tired I'll just have a nap on the bike... Like Lael and Co... :-bd Can't wait...