Owl cam live

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

Owl cam live

Post by Borderer »

I found this today - a livestream owlcam of a Tawny Owl in Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve.
It's pretty cool. It has a friend visiting just now! Oddly exciting. Or maybe I need to get out more....

https://hawkandowltrust.org/web-cam-liv ... 9OEML6u_xQ
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Owl cam live

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

All through summer Dee has one of her computers open on the Osprey cameras from the Dyfi and Hafren - she loves it.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

They are remarkably therapeutic and also exciting when something actually happens. There is a whole room of them at Glentress trail centre where you can watch the Ospreys from Kielder and so on.

When Joe was little we used to go to Centreparcs every Feb when it was cheap. I used to just leave the telly showing the badger cam the whole time we were there, but we never saw any. Then on the fourth or fifth year a friend and her son came with us and I put badgercam on to show her and right away four badgers came out and had a party right in front of the camera. She said 'oh yeah, that's quite cool I spose' and I was like 'YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I HAVE HAD TO WAIT TO SEE THAT!!!'
:shock: :shock: :o :o
RIP

Post by RIP »

My go-to is the Sheffield peregrinecam when I need a fix, especially when the babies are born then fledge: https://peregrine.group.shef.ac.uk/ . Made all the more interesting because they're smack in the middle of the city.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
mattpage

Post by mattpage »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:58 pm All through summer Dee has one of her computers open on the Osprey cameras from the Dyfi and Hafren - she loves it.
Have you got the link? I guess you mean the one by Clywedog and have seen the big signs near where it is and plan on getting there next Summer to see it.
HUX

Post by HUX »

All the Ospreys will have buggered off back to Africa now i think. They usually leave by mid Sept. The Dyfi pair should be back mid to late april iirc. Watched Monty the male fishing behind the Cob a few years back a week after he'd arrived back.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Was that the time we saw him with that massive fish pal, that was a long time ago now :shock: