Getting cycling shirts printed

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

Getting cycling shirts printed

Post by Borderer »

I am looking to find somewhere that prints cycling shirts.
There are a few places out there but I have no idea of the quality. The price is also pretty important!
I know Stu gets BB ones made, but I wondered if anyone else has got some printed ie for clubs and so and can offer some pointers or links.
I'm happy to use a referral link if you have one.
Cheers
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Getting cycling shirts printed

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What kind of numbers Bridget?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

I really don't know. So I am looking to get a drop-shipping option set up to avoid having to keep stock.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

So I am looking to get a drop-shipping option set up to avoid having to keep stock.
There's not many that'll do that without an initial (reasonably large) order first. However, there are some ... try https://www.impsport.com/
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Thanks, will do.
some of them let you have an order window open for a specific time frame to make the most of bulk discounts so if 10 people sign up during the window then the price will be cheaper. It's a big learning curve just now!
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

If anyone has used any of the sellers on eBay that custom print cycling shirts can you please let me know. The prices and minimum order quantities look good, but I am concerned about the quality. I could just go ahead and order one but that's still quite a big investment!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

still quite a big investment!
That's the problem. When we have a run of BB jerseys, I'm throwing thousands of pounds at the printers but they still mostly view that as small scale stuff.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Paria.cc do small runs. Decent quality.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm
still quite a big investment!
That's the problem. When we have a run of BB jerseys, I'm throwing thousands of pounds at the printers but they still mostly view that as small scale stuff.
Yeah, impsport seem to want £100 to set up the artwork which seems a lot, when it is already in the proper format.
It all seems very expensive and complicated when you look at online companies, but then you go on eBay and it is a lot cheaper and simpler - so I am wondering what the catch is!
Richpips wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:22 pm Paria.cc do small runs. Decent quality.
Ok nice one, I will check them out.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

.....but then you go on eBay and it is a lot cheaper and simpler - so I am wondering what the catch is!
I'm going to guess, the quality.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Do they need to be ‘cycling’ shirts? We had some tech tees printed recently for buttons by a local firm that are decent enough quality. They’re printed on rather than inked in, if that makes sense (the design isn’t very breathable), but seem to be holding up pretty well.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

impsport seem to want £100 to set up the artwork
That's pretty standard but obviously easier to swallow on an order of 100 plus.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

FWIW I've had very good results with Endura in the past. I doubt they'll be any cheaper but they do allow any garment type in their extensive Team Wear range to count towards the minimum order quantity. That's handy if some want road jerseys, other want XC, DH, gilets or even skinsuits. Hell, they even do a ladies range!
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ScotRoutes wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:50 pm FWIW I've had very good results with Endura in the past. I doubt they'll be any cheaper but they do allow any garment type in their extensive Team Wear range to count towards the minimum order quantity. That's handy if some want road jerseys, other want XC, DH, gilets or even skinsuits. Hell, they even do a ladies range!
Thanks, yeah, they were the first place I looked as I really rate their gear. They are pretty pricey though and a £5 p&p charge on the top for each item didn't help. It means something closer to £60 for a shirt, which is quite a lot, especially when its not far off half that on eBay.
Charliecres wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:06 pm Do they need to be ‘cycling’ shirts? We had some tech tees printed recently for buttons by a local firm that are decent enough quality. They’re printed on rather than inked in, if that makes sense (the design isn’t very breathable), but seem to be holding up pretty well.
Thanks yeah we are looking to get both types - cycling shirts and TShirts made. It's a charity thing rather than something to be looking to make a profit on, but I am wary of TShirts that look rubbish after one wash, having bought a few of those myself in the past.