Postage to Spain & Switzerland? Best options

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Postage to Spain & Switzerland? Best options

Post by redefined_cycles »

Sorry if it sounds off topic, but I've ebayed some pedals to a buyer on Spain who for some reason isn't using the Global Shipping Option, which is how I allowed bidding from outside UK. He's requested an invoice, the request of which has come via the ebay servers. Ebay won't allow me to message him directly, only send the invoice!

So I need to figure out whats the best way to post to him in Las Palmas....

In the meanwhile I have a pending winter-boots issue. Arcteryx was contacted and within 48 hours they'd requested me to send my shoes back to them with a Swiss address. I'm reluctant to ask them if they'll be paying postage as I bought through a 3rd party who only gave me the option of 'money back'. I explained to Arcteryx that I didn't wanna contribute to landfill and ideally a nice repair.

Postage to Switzerland via MyHermes is over £40 so that's a bit rubbish.

Thoughts/options most appreciated
pistonbroke

Re: Postage to Spain & Switzerland? Best options

Post by pistonbroke »

Are you aware that Las Palmas is not in mainland Spain it is the capital of Gran Canaria which is in the middle of the Atlantic(ok, I'm exaggerating but it's a long way from here!) It all sounds too much hassle for a relatively low priced item unless the buyer is picking up the shipping cost. I'd run away if I were you. As for Switzerland, that's outside the EU hence the higher charges.
redefined_cycles

Thanks Duncan... have messaged him. I never actually offered international postage other than via the global shipping ebay programme. So have told him to payvia them and I'll let em ha dle it. Otherwise will just cancel...

Thanks.

Now, to find a cheap enough Swiss service :sad:
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Royal Mail to Switzerland.
Shoe box size up to 2kg starts at £9.40
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
redefined_cycles

lune ranger wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:27 pm Royal Mail to Switzerland.
Shoe box size up to 2kg starts at £9.40
You're taking the wi... MyHermes was showing in at £43. Will try and get summat sorted today. Thanks Luke...
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

Have you tried contacting the UK distributor for Arceteryx? Give them a ring on 02035100658, it is their UK call centre.

Unless you have already been in contact with them, in which case sorry, box them up!
redefined_cycles

Cheddar Man wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:03 pm Have you tried contacting the UK distributor for Arceteryx? Give them a ring on 02035100658, it is their UK call centre.

Unless you have already been in contact with them, in which case sorry, box them up!
Didn't actually contact the UK distributor as I assumed the head office would have considered that when managing the query. Probably should've given em a call though, you're right... Thanks vMuch...

Anyway, sent earlier today for £15 via RM signed. Its actually a repair shop they've asked me to post em to so, am assuming they wanted such a place to inspect and repair.

Will report back at some point as I plan yo do a little writeup on Arcteryx and their service (along with their chosen resellers). So far its been nothing short of excellent...

Thanks Luke aswell for the RM info :smile: