Cheap dropbar 1x12

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Cheap dropbar 1x12

Post by BigdummySteve »

As a timely counterpoint to the no expense thread I’ve just noticed a cheaper way to get SRAM Eagle running on drops, it’s a kit to convert your shifter from 11 to 12 speed :-bd

https://bikepacking.com/news/ratio-12-s ... grade-kit/

Substantially cheaper than a AXS mullet setup!
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
TheBrownDog

Re: Cheap dropbar 1x12

Post by TheBrownDog »

Cheers for this Steve. It looks complicated, but very timely. I need a project and having put my 27.5x3 wheels back on my OO Fatty, I've started to wonder what it would be like with really wide drop bars. Just for fun. Bit like a Fargo I think - very similar geometry. Ive got SRAM Eagle 1x12 on my Big Bro, which would be equally happy with the XT 1x10 currently on the Fatty.

Or am I fooling myself? Am I heading down a path that sounds like "keeerching" only really loud? Should I just focus on planting the meadow section of my back garden (ie, stop mowing it half of it and scatter loads of seeds)?

Think I've become slightly unhinged .... must be the news tonight. Grrrk.
I'm just going outside ...
substandard

Post by substandard »

Micro shift make a bar end sram mtb shifter for eagle, used one for a bit, that’s probably the cheapest way to build a drop bar 12s

I’m on drop bar 11 speed with a 10-50 garbaruk cassette - zero benefit in 12 speed for me
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Having spent the money converting an XT cassette to 11-42 with a load of one-up kit only for Shimano to release the same thing for pennies shortly afterwards. I feel certain that Sram will do the same if I did this!
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

I’m am told by Ratio that their kit will work with a SRAM Force 1 RD, although to go bigger than 42t will require a longer cage. So I’m trying to order the Garbaruk 12s kit; cassette & long cage, which in theory should be a reasonably priced way to get a clean drop bar 12s setup. Unfortunately they’re not the easiest company to communicate with and so far their web page won’t accept my payment...

I’m not doing retro bar-end shifters!