Things to bear in mind when buying your next puffy-jacket, says the Guardian

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Things to bear in mind when buying your next puffy-jacket, says the Guardian

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I know it's not aimed at "us" but I had a little titter about a few bits. Particularly that many fear wearing said items looks like you've "given up". Oh how true :wink:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/202 ... duvet-coat
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Things to bear in mind when buying your next puffy-jacket, says the Guardian

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Uhm, stylish.

May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Things to bear in mind when buying your next puffy-jacket, says the Guardian

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Quite obviously, that should be said in the voice of this gent. :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Chicken Legs

Post by Chicken Legs »

I clearly have the wrong down jackets as none of mine "make you feel as if you are being spooned by a considerate lover". :roll:
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
RIP

Post by RIP »

The -25c test chambers sound quite fun. You'd want to make sure the shop assistant had a decent tally in/out system though.

Learnt a new word: placket

They're a bit confused about what a baffle is. Which I find rather baffling.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Someone needs to tell these idiots to stop filling them with down as thats the reason that we now have to have the ethical certification for down. Before it became fashionable there was enough down from culled birds to go round, it was only when millions of people started wearing down jackets that they had to start 'farming' down.....
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

htrider wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:44 pm Someone needs to tell these idiots to stop filling them with down as thats the reason that we now have to have the ethical certification for down. Before it became fashionable there was enough down from culled birds to go round, it was only when millions of people started wearing down jackets that they had to start 'farming' down.....
My experience of mass market "down" jackets is that there's bugger all down in them, just a random assortment of feathers.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

:lol:
RIP wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:13 pm The -25c test chambers sound quite fun. You'd want to make sure the shop assistant had a decent tally in/out system though.

Learnt a new word: placket

They're a bit confused about what a baffle is. Which I find rather baffling.