Help me solve my light mount issue

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheddar Man

Help me solve my light mount issue

Post by Cheddar Man »

I have a Giant Revolt, and the handlebars are 'swept' back immediately they leave the hydraulic reservoir.

This means that when I mount my light it doesn't shine straight, but somewhat off to the right or left whichever side I mount it.

How the hydraulic reservoir mounts means that I can't mount the light in the centre of the stem.

I have tried padding it out to make it shine straight, no.
Undo the mount from the light and realigning it, but then it wobbles, so no.
Mounting it on the stem so it shines over the handlebars, well the light only mounts 'front to back' and not 'side to side' (if you see what I mean), so no again.
An extra 'utility' bar, because of the sweep of the bars this is difficult to align, so no!

Has anyone else cracked this conundrum, or do I need some new lights?
ScotRoutes

Re: Help me solve my light mount issue

Post by ScotRoutes »

Got a photo?

I've "straightened" a light mount by judicious use of tape, creating a bit of bar that is perpendicular to the frame.

A bar extender coming off the stem would probably work (e.g. Minoura Swing Grip)

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories ... from-stem/

TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Paul Components might be able to help ... bloody pricey but

https://www.paulcomp.com/shop/component ... ght-mount/
I'm just going outside ...
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

I tend to use Sugru for semi-permanent adjustments like this. You could maybe mold a shim to angle the bracket.
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

ScotRoutes wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:01 pm Got a photo?

I've "straightened" a light mount by judicious use of tape, creating a bit of bar that is perpendicular to the frame.

A bar extender coming off the stem would probably work (e.g. Minoura Swing Grip)

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories ... from-stem/

Ah, perfect! Even more so as I am having two front tyres fitted to my car in KwikFit in Bridgwater on Tuesday, which is directly opposite SJSC :lol:

Good shout
mattpage

Post by mattpage »

What is the mount like? If you can change it to a GoPro style mount there are some neat out-front, stem mounted computer and GoPro mounts you can get for not a massive amount.

They run the light under the mount and not a GoPro obviously. I use this on 2 systems, one for a dynamo light and another for Exposure with the GoPro adapter mount.
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Ah, perfect! Even more so as I am having two front tyres fitted to my car in KwikFit in Bridgwater on Tuesday, which is directly opposite SJSC :lol:
I'm jealous of your proximity to SJSC - that is very handy, indeed, as they stock all of of those things that get you out of trouble