3-4 season sleeping bag

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JimH

3-4 season sleeping bag

Post by JimH »

I’m looking for a bag that I could use through some of the colder months on Dartmoor in sheltered spots. I don’t intend to use below 0 degrees so 2-10 degrees I guess. I don’t want anything too bulky in size or weight and don’t want to break the bank. Appreciate I may be asking a lot!

Any recommendations? Been looking at Alpkit skyehigh 500. £150 max really
mattpage

Re: 3-4 season sleeping bag

Post by mattpage »

I've got an Alpkit Pipedream 400 on test. First sleep out tonight, although it isn't looking that cold so I won't be pushing the boundaries.

Initial thoughts on the construction are good.
I have a Thermarest Questar HD 3 season to compare against.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

JimH wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:56 pm I’m looking for a bag that I could use through some of the colder months on Dartmoor in sheltered spots. I don’t intend to use below 0 degrees so 2-10 degrees I guess. I don’t want anything too bulky in size or weight and don’t want to break the bank. Appreciate I may be asking a lot!

Any recommendations? Been looking at Alpkit skyehigh 500. £150 max really
Jim... If you look in the classifieds I believe Rich (Pips) has something that might fit the bill for you and I reckon if you PMd him you might get another fair few quid off his initial asking price.

Put some thought into what you offer though as it'd need to be just above the 'below the belt' point to make it an easy buy for you. Or else he'll jusy throw on ebay which he's already threatened the classifieds with...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18308

Thwre you go Jim... FWIW I reckon he'd take £110... especially if you manage to collect in person...
Rob Colliver

Post by Rob Colliver »

Check out the Cumulus range of bags; I have had one for 10 years and it still keeps me warm. They offer custom bags with different lengths and zipper sides and the down is ethically sourced. They also do rectangular down-filled bags for folk who don't like the mummy shape.
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

mattpage wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:44 am I've got an Alpkit Pipedream 400 on test. First sleep out tonight, although it isn't looking that cold so I won't be pushing the boundaries.

Initial thoughts on the construction are good.
I have a Thermarest Questar HD 3 season to compare against.
Pipedream 400 landed the other day yet to use it with work, but should get out on my days off to try it out, weight and construction is good should be good enough for what I'll need tbh
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
mattpage

Post by mattpage »

Turns out the Pipedream I have on test is the 600 - so even warmer.
First night was positive, although only 5 degrees on the thermometer so not a big test of warmth. But the features and construction is very good and it compresses more than I expected. The neck baffle in particular I really like.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

I have a Traveller 500 down bag that I might, just possibly, maybe be persuaded to sell.
https://www.criterion-sleepingbags.co.u ... eping-bag/

Looking for £175 including other bits.
PM me if interested.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.