99p P&P. Joe's shop for bikepacking gear

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Lazarus

Re: 99p P&P. Joe's shop for bikepacking gear

Post by Lazarus »

I do not, most definitely not, belong to the woke brigade.
[soapbox] the woke brigade is a pointles [ RW white man generally] slur for people who believe that everyone should be treated equally irrespective of their sexuality, gender, race or nationality etc.
Its much harder to argue against that than to have a go about " woke"
Given your ethics dont use RW "culture war" [ its not its about equality] terms when its just about everyone being treated equally , which we should all support

[/soapbox]
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I can feel a thread hijack coming on and we don't want that. Shall we move this into a different space? I am sure loads of us have STRONG OPINIONS about the weaponisation of the term woke and need a place to vent them ..... move along move along nothing to see here except lovely stuff to buy on Joe's Shop For Bikepacking Gear.

https://www.weirdosonbikes.com/shop/
I'm just going outside ...
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Gpl23 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:38 pm The small drybags i ordered arrived today. There perfect for what i need. Cheers. :grin:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Can I just get in the words Value Signalling before this all goes tits up?

KTHXBAI
RIP

Post by RIP »

<quickly sketches giant panda with some handy crayons and highlighter pens which I'm current mapping with>..... phew, close shave there, all's well :-bd

(at my advancing age I find it a lot harder to woke up in the mornings anyway)
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

My thread encouraging discussion about the term woke seems to have been removed .... seems to. I could well have put it somewhere silly because I'm old and tired, but I doubt it.
I'm just going outside ...
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:00 pm Can I just get in the words Value Signalling before this all goes tits up?
Virtue signalling?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Borderer wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:19 pm
ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:00 pm Can I just get in the words Value Signalling before this all goes tits up?
Virtue signalling?
Dammit. It was meant as a pun on that. But if it has to be explained :lol:
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Ah. Way too clever for me :lol:
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

A big thank you to Mr Landslide of this parish for his sterling work promoting Joe's shop at every opportunity. If you see the chance to link to one of Joe's products in a forum site somewhere (who knew the London Fixed Gear and Single Speed forum existed?!! Who knew?!!) then it would be massively appreciated. Or even just a wee post on your social media if you have received something from his shop that you are happy with. It costs nowt and makes a massive difference - traffic always spikes up immediately. :-bd
Last edited by Borderer on Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Borderer wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:20 pm A big thank you to Mr Lazarus of this parish for his sterling work promoting Joe's shop at every opportunity. If you see the chance to link to one of Joe's products in a forum site somewhere (who knew the London Fixed Gear and Single Speed forum existed?!! Who knew?!!) then it would be massively appreciated. Or even just a wee post on your social media if you have received something from his shop that you are happy with. It costs nowt and makes a massive difference - traffic always spikes up immediately. :-bd
Ha. I actually put a link up on STW earlier this week.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ScotRoutes wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:58 pm Ha. I actually put a link up on STW earlier this week.
Thank you 😊 I'm sorry that I missed that one. Which product was it?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

The bivvy bug tent
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Nice one thanks. He did sell two of those quite close together a few days ago, so I did wonder if someone has said something somewhere.
ootini

Re: Joe's shop for bikepacking gear

Post by ootini »

Borderer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:18 pm
ootini wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:12 pm Can I make a suggestion for a product that if you could source, I would buy ?
The little pill container... get a large one, that can accommodate a tea spoon head, so that I can take a small quantity (3 or 4 brews worth) of my favourite instant coffee. Something like an old film cannister but better.
Hi, Joe has got some small aluminium bottles in now. He couldn't find any that a teaspoon would fit into I'm afraid, but you could pour from these ones onto a spoon if that works for you. Sorry it took so long to get them in! No pressure if they weren't what you had in mind. Capacity is 8 teaspoons of Horlicks :lol:

https://www.weirdosonbikes.com/product/ ... el-bottle/
Perfect!!!!!
ootini

Re: Joe's shop for bikepacking gear

Post by ootini »

ootini wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:30 am
Borderer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:18 pm
ootini wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:12 pm Can I make a suggestion for a product that if you could source, I would buy ?
The little pill container... get a large one, that can accommodate a tea spoon head, so that I can take a small quantity (3 or 4 brews worth) of my favourite instant coffee. Something like an old film cannister but better.
Hi, Joe has got some small aluminium bottles in now. He couldn't find any that a teaspoon would fit into I'm afraid, but you could pour from these ones onto a spoon if that works for you. Sorry it took so long to get them in! No pressure if they weren't what you had in mind. Capacity is 8 teaspoons of Horlicks :lol:

https://www.weirdosonbikes.com/product/ ... el-bottle/
Perfect!!!!!
Ordered a few and treated myself to a copy of Rich's book too. Thank you very much!!!

Do you do the down booties in XL? I'm a UK 12, so need em a touch larger than is currently listed (L = 10)
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ootini wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:36 am Do you do the down booties in XL? I'm a UK 12, so need em a touch larger than is currently listed (L = 10)
No he just has what is listed. He will see if he can get some in though. :-bd
Cheers for your order. :-bd
Callmedave

Post by Callmedave »

Hi, I've ordered a stray fresh travel bundle. It looks likes a nice compact set.
jameso

Post by jameso »

who knew the London Fixed Gear and Single Speed forum existed?!! Who knew?!!
A good riding community there (I'm just outside the M25 and ride a SS, sort of counts. Just don't tell them what I said about fixed wheels last time I rode one!)
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Callmedave wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:22 am Hi, I've ordered a stray fresh travel bundle. It looks likes a nice compact set.
Thanks for that :-bd He is just packing it up for you now. Hope you like it :-bd
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

A big thanks to Whitestone, Scotroutes and Landslide in particular who are vying for salesman of the year having all directly brought about multiple sales in Joe's shop with their posts in various forums. Thanks also to everyone else who has helped out in this way and my apologies to those whose posts I might have missed - your help and support has really been very much appreciated though - and very effective! As he can't afford paid advertising yet that is really the only way to drive visitors - it's very noticeable that things are really quiet until a post somewhere brings a sudden rush of hits.
Thanks again - I have been very touched by all your support and it has also been very much appreciated by Joe :-bd
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

I think Facebook advertising is quite cheap and you can target audiences and pay for a certain amount of coverage
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

there is a bikepacking group on FB, in has an international Slant but all potential punters? I can't comment on costs...
right time to buy more mini clips
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ledburner wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:14 pm there is a bikepacking group on FB, in has an international Slant but all potential punters? I can't comment on costs...
Yeah I posted on Bikepacking World FB group yesterday and will post on the Scottish one next weekend maybe. It's tricky cos you have to ask permission before you can post about a commercial enterprise - I got kicked off a couple of them before I found that out. Some won't give permission even if you ask and as you say, a lot are mostly folk from the US (and he can't sell to there or the EU).
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ledburner wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:14 pm there is a bikepacking group on FB, in has an international Slant but all potential punters? I can't comment on costs...
I used it quite a lot when I had a business selling bell tents. It got me a lot of hits but hardly any sales. That was five years ago though and people were perhaps more suspicious of things on Facebook.