Stu's telly

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Stu's telly

Post by RIP »

Thought you didn't have a telly Stu?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180

"The mystery of why an entire village lost its broadband every morning at 7am was solved when engineers discovered an old television was to blame.

An unnamed householder in Aberhosan, Powys, was unaware the old set would emit a signal which would interfere with the entire village's broadband.... etc"
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Shewie

Re: Stu's telly

Post by Shewie »

I think I would've been asking Openreach for a nice new 60" TV

I had a CB radio when I was a kid which would do similar things with burglar alarms in the village
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Stu hasn’t got a telly so he’s off the hook.
RIP

Post by RIP »

That's what I thought, then again I thought well he's bound to be up to no good somehow even if it ain't a telly :smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Taylor wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:41 am Stu hasn’t got a telly so he’s off the hook.
That's the perfect cover up... You never know, he could have hidden it and done it to spite people. :YMDEVIL:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

sounds like some pi$$ poor enginering. When i worked for Openreach I was the Broardband special fault investigator for the oxfordshire area, the first thing i would do is check the error logs, it would show youi that it started a 7am most days so would obviously not be a cable fault! Although i had some fancy tools and methods which i devoloped my most used tool was an old radio tuned to 612Mhz ( you hear a distinctive growl from most types of interference)

oh you wouldnt get a new TV, in most cases people were happy to help but you get the odd one, one which springs to mind was the bloke whose 14" tv from his sons room was the offending item, refused to turn it off or replace it. bear in mind the house was worth 700k and he had a 60k merc in the drive, he got solicitors involved and allsorts :roll: Unfortunately for his bank balance that type of fault is enforcable as its classed as an unlicenced radio transmission :-bd I belive it ended up costing him a lot more than a small TV :lol:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

That's interesting, we have a neighboring business next to one of our sites which is causing us wifi issues daily, our spectrum analyser thinks it's a microwave oven in their canteen. We've asked them to look into it but nothing has happened in two years.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

wifi issues are a right pain in the harris, could be a microwave but they would have issues as well. the most common cause is channel conflicts, these 'smart' routers actually make things worse as sometimes you get better transmission conditions and they decide in a panic to change channel. The first course is to look at all the chanels and pick one furthest away from anything else then fix it on that channel manually. The other option is to buy them a new microwave :lol:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark