What are you drinking now?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

thenorthwind

Re: What are you drinking now?

Post by thenorthwind »

RIP wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:25 pm
Verena wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:44 pm Another one of them Aldi vanilla stouts.
Here's my curated (arg) bucket (*) list of van stouts to try and get from somewhere, which Landslide has rubber-stamped. Just gotta get hold of them all now.

First Chop Vanilla Stout (Manchester)
Titanic Choc Vanilla Stout (Stoke) - hard to find now?
Little Valley Vanilla Porter
Theakston (really?!) Vanilla Stout
Gorilla Vanilla Gorilla (Mexborough)
Cumbrian Ales Vanilla Oatmeal Stout (sounds yum!)
Mumbles Choc Van Porter (my sister says she's sorting me out with a baker's dozen. They're only down the road from you V of course)
St Austell (also really?!) Vanilla and Bourbon Porter
Beartown Creme Bearlee (Congleton)
Brass Castle Bad Kitty (Malton) (and a Very Bad Kitty as well)
Fox Vanilla
and of course Aldi van stout :smile:

Nooo, of course, I jest, that penultimate one might not be an actual beer :wink: .

(*) probably best drunk from a glass, or Ti mug, or... no.. maybe the bucket after all....
In a wood
:-bd
Excellent, it's good to have clear goals in life :wink:
I would add anything from Brewskis "Vanilla Cake" series, Amundsen Virtual Reality, and Lervig Three Bean (one of the beans being Vanilla).
RIP

Post by RIP »

VanillaQuest continues, with my recently 'imported' Mumbles Vanilla Porter next up. Interesting. Quite thin and the choc vanilla flavours are quite subtle, not in yer face like some of my previous samplings. Pretty strong though, not opaque so nothing like a stout, reminds me of a winter warmer, maybe Fullers ESB or something.

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

Pot of tea as it happens.

However, tip off for Sean and others, Northern Monk choc/biscuit/caramel porter cans re-appeared in Morrisbums a while ago. But strangely they're hidden away on their own round near the tinned veg or somewhere. Maybe they think it is tinned veg. There's a little sign stating that it's 'end of line' but each time I've taken a couple it's been topped up since my previous visit. Ironically I've gone off them a bit now :???: :roll: .

I see M'sons are about to be taken over anyway by some vulture private equity mob so I'll have to stop going there. I'm running out of places to shop. How these scummers are allowed to continue to operate fascinates me. Buy a perfectly good company, load it up with unrepayable debt, extract your original stake and millions more as divis, then it runs into the ground and collapses trying to service the debt. Happens frequently. Still, the shareholders don't have to sell out do they.... The whole financial system is rotten to the core and we still haven't even remotely fixed 2008's little problem. In fact it's now a whole lot worse and swept under the carpet. Puts tin foil hat on.

Good grief, I need a drink.. now where are those Northern Monks.... good job it's not Cheery Friday....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

My Morrissons has had Thornbridge Allot Pink Lemonade Sour in the yellow sticker section for the past few weeks, reduced to £1.17 a can :grin: Every Thursday there are 4 of them, which I buy, and next week there's another 4, but eventually they'll run out :sad:

They are pushed to the back of the shelf so you have to bend down and peer in so maybe I'm the only one who knows they are back there. We've not had any of the choc biscuit or caramel for some time :cry:

Currently drinking an instant coffee, in my defense, I'm at work, and if hand grind my beans and use the aeropress every time I make a coffee it doesn't leave much time for working* so I have to take short-cuts here and there.

*Reading bike packing forums
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Verena

Post by Verena »

Not right now, obviously, but last night in an actual pub, Jan Jan American Pale Ale by Lucky 7 Beer Co which is apparently just a one man show brewing beer out of the back of his van in Hay on Wye.
I thought I was going off beer, but that was bloody lovely.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:46 am Not right now, obviously, but last night in an actual pub, Jan Jan American Pale Ale by Lucky 7 Beer Co which is apparently just a one man show brewing beer out of the back of his van in Hay on Wye.
I thought I was going off beer, but that was bloody lovely.
Jan sounds Dutch (although it's a bit unusual having the same surname) so 'Jan van Jan's van' could be a good name for the van-brewery.

ledburner

Post by ledburner »

yesterday Timothy Taylor Golden Best. A drink in a pub! Toasting my mothering laws safe arrival and meeting up with her beloved Husband in the next world❤️. The last 2 years have been very testing for her and her daughters 🙏
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Verena

Post by Verena »

Last night, a pint in the beer garden of the Royal Oak in Pencelli, then a two mile walk along the canal just in time for last orders for another pint in the beer garden at The Star in Talybont, then walking back to Pencelli along the canal again in the nearly dark. Bloomin lovely that was.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Verena wrote: Last night, a pint in the beer garden of the Royal Oak in Pencelli, then a two mile walk along the canal just in time for last orders for another pint in the beer garden at The Star in Talybont, then walking back to Pencelli along the canal again in the nearly dark. Bloomin lovely that was.
since it was so hot, did you go Off Route to paddle in 'the cut'? :???: :roll: :-bd :lol:

[edit :] The cut, a local dialect word for the canal, derived from the cutting.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Mellow Birds, so anyone doubting my credentials, just think on.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:33 pm Mellow Birds, so anyone doubting my credentials, just think on.
I thought I was reading the "what are you listening to now?" thread there for a moment - I was just going to look up "Mellow Birds" on youtube 'cos I quite fancied some easy listening this afternoon and they sounded like the sort of band that would suit me :grin: .

RIP

Post by RIP »

Not one to waste an opportunity, I just have looked up "Mellow Birds" on youtube and got a load of stuff about..... poltergeists :???: .

(bit further down are The Yardbirds with "For Your Love" which is obviously excellent so I'll go with that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5zqidlxMQ, although I'm now inadvertently on the wrong thread)

Verena

Post by Verena »

ledburner wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:14 am
Verena wrote: Last night, a pint in the beer garden of the Royal Oak in Pencelli, then a two mile walk along the canal just in time for last orders for another pint in the beer garden at The Star in Talybont, then walking back to Pencelli along the canal again in the nearly dark. Bloomin lovely that was.
since it was so hot, did you go Off Route to paddle in 'the cut'? :???: :roll: :-bd :lol:

Yuk, no, but river this morning, before the hoardes arrived...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Verena wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:29 pm
ledburner wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:14 am

Yuk, no, but river this morning, before the hoardes arrived...
I'm glad you didn't and also assume you'd made it (safely) home, else I'd have to refer you to this thread...
https://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/php ... =7&t=20342 :roll: :shock: :lol:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

A small can of 71 Brewing's "Breakfast Toast" - a nice easy-drinking milk stout, taking it easy at 4.5%.

This follows a bottle of Kernel's Citra IPA. Those guys really know what they're doing with hops and that.

This week I've mainly been drinking cold brew coffee which is fantastic to have in the fridge in this heat.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

thenorthwind wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:58 pm This week I've mainly been drinking cold brew coffee which is fantastic to have in the fridge in this heat.
we put cold Brewed coffee in the fridge, Agreed very nice. :-bd
There's No need to add the cream +ice-cream, like Càfe Costa (loada) Bucks, etc do. :roll:
peppermint tea + ice is also very refreshing :-bd
ootini

Post by ootini »

Decaffeinated coffee ....
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

ootini wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:57 am Decaffeinated coffee ....
Currently instant coffee in bed, [edit: N]ice start to the day.. .
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

ledburner wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:44 pm
thenorthwind wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:58 pm This week I've mainly been drinking cold brew coffee which is fantastic to have in the fridge in this heat.
we put cold Brewed coffee in the fridge, Agreed very nice. :-bd
There's No need to add the cream +ice-cream, like Càfe Costa (loada) Bucks, etc do. :roll:
peppermint tea + ice is also very refreshing :-bd
Yeah, it's nice black which is how almost always drink my hot coffee. Though for some reason I'm much more likely to add (oat) milk to my cold brew. Possibly I just don't like hot milk.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Don't partake of drinkypoos Sun-Thu unless I'm bivvying. Or unless I'm forced to like when my lad happens to be home for a while and buys me this. Not sure what it says about his taste or what he thinks my taste is. White choc and raspberry milkshake is presumably what he thinks.

If I have to drink it I can't think of a better place than, er, "Crazy Disco Stu" of all places.

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Salt breweries - Shoop

Currently my favourite beer

https://www.saltbeerfactory.co.uk/product/shoop/
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Magpie brewery cherry stout - lovely stuff.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I'm not currently drinking this right now and as much as I love marmite I'm not sure I want to either:

http://www.camdentownbrewery.com/news-a ... n-marmite/
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

three days off but no drinking. I've just had a wisdom tooth extraction, so just warm drinks.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Virgin mojitos while watching the first ever episode of Top Gear with the family just now :-bd