What are you drinking now?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Re: What are you drinking now?

Post by sean_iow »

Not right this second, it's only half 5 after all, but I will be later and thought I'd put up a picture whilst I had the computer on*

Jane got it for me as I love waffles :grin:

* I still cant mange to get pictures from Flickr to here using my phone :roll:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:41 pm Not right this second, it's only half 5 after all, but I will be later and thought I'd put up a picture whilst I had the computer on*

Jane got it for me as I love waffles :grin:

* I still cant mange to get pictures from Flickr to here using my phone :roll:
Are you going to have an actual waffle with it or is that too much of a good thing?

Presumably you've tried flickr2bbcodelite?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:38 pm Presumably you've tried flickr2bbcodelite?
Took me a minute to realise that's not a craft ale :grin: I'll have a look at that.
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:00 pm
RIP wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:38 pm Presumably you've tried flickr2bbcodelite?
Took me a minute to realise that's not a craft ale :grin:
:lol:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

BigdummySteve wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:01 am A very nice espresso martini, made with very nice freshly ground beans, good vodka and coffee liqueur. Absolutely no idea why the extravagance but it’s very nice :-bd
I am a bit partial to an espresso martini - coffee and alcohol in one: what's not to like? It's just a grown-up Vodka Red Bull really though.

Just to prove I'm not always drinking something that pours like tar and is stronger wine, I've got a very nice IPA from one of my local breweries in Wallsend, Two by Two: Housework at 6.1%. Lovely tropical juicy IPA with a nice oaty body.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

It's taken me this long to recover sufficiently to upload the picture but this was last saturdays entertainment.

ImageSaturday Night Entertainment

From right to left, a Singapore Sling, a Cosmopolitan and a Peanut Butter Jelly shot.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Nowt, mi pots empty.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Another espresso martini, made with Cazcabal and Grey Goose vodka this time. Smoother than the tia Maria/Absolut that the previous one was made with.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bought myself a big bottle of Irn Bru (proper Girders). Missus wasn't too happy and hid it... :o (after I'd partaken in 2 glasses)..
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

A Diabolous imperial stout from Durham Brewery. Except this batch, brewed in 2016, was matured in whisky casks for 14 months (and boy can you taste it). It's been in the garage (maturing, don't you know) for at least 6 months, and the label says there were only 750 bottles, so the chance of getting hold of another seems slim. Shame because it really is another level - so many flavours going on.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Glen Turner
Heritage
Double Cask
Port Finish

Bought on a whim from Aldi. It's a bit peppery and a bit young. However, for only £17.49 a bottle it should be perfect for a few bivvies!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:48 pm Bought myself a big bottle of Irn Bru (proper Girders). Missus wasn't too happy and hid it... :o (after I'd partaken in 2 glasses)..
Tell your good lady,
" It contains Iron for your energy level that are feeling low!"
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:48 pm Bought myself a big bottle of Irn Bru (proper Girders). Missus wasn't too happy and hid it... :o (after I'd partaken in 2 glasses)..
I got a taste for that on the HT550* and would get a bottle at every shop I could, I'd put it in my bike bottle so I'd have 1 bottle of water and 1 bottle of Irn Bru. Not sure how much good it does you long term but it did the trick then, it also gums up the top of the bottles so they wont open and even boiling the lids when I got home didn't clean it off so I had to throw them away.

I can only get the sugar free/low sugar? version down here which is somewhat missing the point.

*That makes it sound you you see in the war films when German Officers who started smoking Russian cigarettes on the eastern front are back in Berlin and are describing why they smoke them with a pained look on their face as they relive the suffering and horror from when then first had them :lol:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Lol... we grew up with it, and only after marriage when I told the missus how great it, is and how 'we can have that from time to time, right' I'd asked. She was/is adamant it's the one with the most sugar (won't tell her your story Sean)... After I'd had 2 cups yesterday she's only gone n hidden it. She's from Bradford (so not to be messed with :grin: ).
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

The recipe was changed 3 years ago and it now has less than half the sugar content it did before.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

ScotRoutes wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:59 am The recipe was changed 3 years ago and it now has less than half the sugar content it did before.
:cry: That's no good then
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Keep an eye out for the 1901 recipe version.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Landslide wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:36 am Keep an eye out for the 1901 recipe version.
The straw stands up vertically in the middle of the glass due to the massive sugar concentration?

Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Panther APA tonight and a Bristol Beer Factory Expresso Martini stout...which was nice. This came from a Beer52 subscription that I started before Xmas. Good deal to begin with but probably slightly over-priced once you get into regular subscription. Still, quite nice to get it delivered. A really good spread and very decent beers.
RIP

Post by RIP »

A real find for vanilla lovers at Aldi - Hop Foundry "Stout About It" vanilla stout. Compared to the other 'craft' stouts we've had on here recently it's a major bargain at £1.50 for 440ml. Never seen it before. Cleaned them out (all three...) and will have to nip back after they've had time to replenish!

edit: hmm, it's pleasant but rather 'thin' like other Aldi beers I've had in the past (Medusa ruby, looking at you). It says there's oats in it but I reckon it needs a few more shovelfuls to get more mouthfeel. Guess I'll just have to go back to paying double the price when I feel like a vanilla hit, ho hum.

(I see you're in the house ChrisL - have you tested this one chap?)

ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Thermo- cup coffee until later...
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:23 pm A real find for vanilla lovers at Aldi - Hop Foundry "Stout About It" vanilla stout. Compared to the other 'craft' stouts we've had on here recently it's a major bargain at £1.50 for 440ml. Never seen it before. Cleaned them out (all three...) and will have to nip back after they've had time to replenish!

edit: hmm, it's pleasant but rather 'thin' like other Aldi beers I've had in the past (Medusa ruby, looking at you). It says there's oats in it but I reckon it needs a few more shovelfuls to get more mouthfeel. Guess I'll just have to go back to paying double the price when I feel like a vanilla hit, ho hum.

(I see you're in the house ChrisL - have you tested this one chap?)
Cheers Reg! "Thin" is not really bag in a stout either - if pushed, I'd like to at least be able to stand an ultralightweight titanium spork up in it... but for £1.50, still worth having in the 'cellar' for less extravagant evenings :-bd

Tonight is a drinking night for me so I'll raid the cellar (garage) and report back.
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

A very large Jim Beam, been a rough arse week :|
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Oakhams - Citra. 1 bottle of.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

The wild beer Co - bubble. Pale ale, big body, mosaic hops