Thomson dropper posts

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Thomson dropper posts

Post by fatbikephil »

Bit of a PSA here.
I tore mine to pieces a while ago due to lots of creaking and rotation, and noted the plastic strips that keep it in line were well worn and loose. I tightened everything back up and fired it back together but its back to being as bad as before. So I figured I'd send it to i-ride for an official service, the only way of getting the bushings renewed. Turns out i-Ride no longer import Thomson stuff, its upgrade bikes now.

Nowt on the website about servicing posts so emailed them. Got a reply saying they don't and to email Thomson direct. Did so to be told that upgrade are the UK service agent but being a new importer will not be able to service posts for at least a month. Or I could send it to Thomson in the states at my expense inc. return postage. err no.

So it got launched over the back fence along with all the rest of my crap components. If you were thinking of buying one there is pretty much zero availability of these things at present but my advice would be to put your money elsewhere.....
redefined_cycles

Re: Thomson dropper posts

Post by redefined_cycles »

If you decide to go Brand X Ascend (highly recommend and am on my 2nd) then I may have a discount code for CRC for you :-bd
rudedog

Re: Thomson dropper posts

Post by rudedog »

Still on my first reverb bought 8.5 years ago for £160 - works out less than £20 a year

Its had a about 1cm of sag for the last 3 years so should probaby get its first service sorted out soon :lol: