Spot Customer No Service

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Spot Customer No Service

Post by Escape Goat »

A week ago I posted on here my Spot died. Its been in rice. Batteries have been in and out and triple relaxed and its still broken.

I messaged Spot on messenger as they responded to a battery usage question about my lack of on function of my Gen 3. They replied to me, but answered about the batteries again, ignoring my question. I've messaged again, went to the Highlands Spotless and came back, then messaged twice. They're not responding to me now.

Anyone else had any issues contacting these guys?
Shewie

Re: Spot Customer No Service

Post by Shewie »

I’ve only ever had bad service from them, haven’t touched their stuff since gen1
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Well they wont be able to auto renew my contract anyway. I'm sure they'll be right in touch when the payment fails.
slarge

Post by slarge »

No contact email, just phone numbers. I’m not going to renew. It’s a good unit, just overpriced and no real concept of customer satisfaction
FLV

Post by FLV »

I agree. Woeful. I just hope it's not them if anyone had to press the help button
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

The only time I've had any dealings with them was around renewal time and they were fine once I explained I wasn't prepared to pay what they first asked me for.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

By fine do you mean they continued to negotiate to get money from you ?
I am not sure that can really be construed as helpful or customer services is it not sales?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Lazarus wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:24 pm By fine do you mean they continued to negotiate to get money from you ?
I am not sure that can really be construed as helpful or customer services is it not sales?
Yes, they continued to negotiate with me and I subsequently obtained a renewal at a significant discount. I'm not sure what more I could have expected.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Being helpful to get your money is not really actually being helpful per se its just business
The issue is like say hope or Exposure what they do to actually help as in this case where there is no money to be gained for them ?
I accept they will take your money and be polite whilst doing it.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Maybe. But I'd rather have equipment that didn't rely on Customer Service to make up for the lack of quality.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 pm Maybe. But I'd rather have equipment that didn't rely on Customer Service to make up for the lack of quality.
Also my experience with Exposure kit - shoddy!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:49 pm
ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 pm Maybe. But I'd rather have equipment that didn't rely on Customer Service to make up for the lack of quality.
Also my experience with Exposure kit - shoddy!
Ha. I was thinking more of Hope :lol:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

:lol: to them final 2 messages :lol: I concur. But in Alans case its double shoddy (as its not working and there's a clear lack of customer support/service/acknowledgment)...