What sleeping bag have you used this summer?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

What sleeping bag have you used this summer?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've mainly used a Go-lite Adrenaline 4 degree bag but last week my Deuter Atmosphere came out of hibernation which has a comfort rating of 0. The Adrenaline's been fine, although I can't recall any 'toasty warm' nights.

Has anyone actually been warm enough this summer to just use a summer bag without sticking all / some of their clothes on?
May the bridges you burn light your way
MM-on-POINT

Re: What sleeping bag have you used this summer?

Post by MM-on-POINT »

I intended to use my vango wilderness but stuck with my mtn hardware lamina 20 it's has been a bit too warm on some trips but better to unzip then to be zipped up and cold,for winter I'm trying to invest in a thremarest alp 35 blanket might not happen as low on cash so proberley make a half fleece half silk liner for the lamina 20, it should take it down to -2 comfort I hope
Ian

Post by Ian »

PHD Minim. It's ace, keeps me warm and weighs chuff all. I'll likely use it well into the autumn too as I can boost it with a PHD Ultra vest. Should be OK to at least freezing with those two.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

As Ian, been using the 350g PHD bag since March and have never been cold whilst companions have. Since April I have been sleeping in only Lifa base layers with a 3/4 mat and been toasty. Temps will need to drop close towards zero before the winter bag comes out.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

An aging Rab Quantum 200, as usual.
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
Singlespeedpunk

Post by Singlespeedpunk »

Macpack Snowflake - a sadly now discontinued 1 season / extra liner bag. 900 power down and 480g / 1.5L size :)

Was great in Wales last weekend, a little chilly in France / Belgium but the new Finistare jacke can be brought out if needed....or a hand warmer placed in the foot end!

For 0 and below I borrow the wifes Karrimor something or other synthetic - that did great down to -10 in Nepal if I wore some merino longs and didn't matter if it got damp.

SSP