Wahoo Customer Service...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

AndyTheBikeGuy

Wahoo Customer Service...

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

...an incredibly pleasant surprise.

I bought an 2017 Elemnt Bolt second hand from Shaf and after more than a year of wet and bumpy rides, including being ejected from a 3rd party mount into a bog while riding around Grizedale, the screen had started to develop lines across the screen. After contacting Wahoo customer service and doing the basic checks (plug into wall socket, upgrade firmware, delete history) and it hadn't made any difference, they asked for proof of purchase, I explained I'd bought it second hand and they asked if I could contact the original purchaser. Massive thanks to Shaf for helping me out and providing a screenshot of the purchase. Once received they asked me to do a 'home destruct' and they sent me a brand new Bolt.

I hadn't expect to receive a brand new unit but read on other forums that they offer a 40% discount on a new purchase so I was pretty happy! Received it today and it's the "Stealth black" version too, so it's practically a B-2.
Bearlegged

Re: Wahoo Customer Service...

Post by Bearlegged »

Does a "home destruct" involve a hammer by any chance?
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Landslide wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:13 pm Does a "home destruct" involve a hammer by any chance?
A well placed screwdriver
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Another thumbs up here from me. vaguely exciting company.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Andy... that mean you have a spare stem mount you'd like to sell forth (cheaply :wink: )
BenS

Post by BenS »

I had really good customer service from them too, replacing a unit when battery life started to be an issue. Felt bad doing the ‘home destroy’ on the unit which is breaking it with a screwdriver.

I have some spare mounts if you want them Shaf
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

BenS wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 pm I had really good customer service from them too, replacing a unit when battery life started to be an issue. Felt bad doing the ‘home destroy’ on the unit which is breaking it with a screwdriver.

I have some spare mounts if you want them Shaf
Yes please Ben... Basically I have 1 stem mount and another out front. But for bikepacking I need to keep swapping the stem mount between the mtb and the roadie and gettimg sick of it now... Let me know if you'd like to swap for the out front :-bd
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Hi Shaf, happy to ship you a stem mount if Ben doesn't, just PM me your address.