Acepac bar bag

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Supernova

Acepac bar bag

Post by Supernova »

I need to replace my Wildcat bar bag and I like the look of the Acepac bar bag. Will it fit around another non-Acepak roll or does it only attach to their own roll bag or directly to the handlebars without a roll? If you see what I mean...
mustang

Re: Acepac bar bag

Post by mustang »

Really like mine. Its got two clip straps on the edges and a centre strap the uses hooks. The only thing the acepac bag has is a bit of velcro in the centre. But it's not necessary, the straps will pull really tight.

It's a really solid harness. Seems a more secure than the restrap equivalent.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

I bought the 16 litre one and it fits my MYOG harness just fine. I've not used a dual end before but find it really handy. I don't pack it full so there is space to store food when you resupply. Looks well made too. Very happy with it.
Al

Post by Al »

Supernova wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:15 pm I need to replace my Wildcat bar bag and I like the look of the Acepac bar bag. Will it fit around another non-Acepak roll or does it only attach to their own roll bag or directly to the handlebars without a roll? If you see what I mean...
Do you mean the roll / dry bag or the clip on pouch thing?

I got the clip on pouch thing to use stand alone. It’s a useful little bag but didn’t see an way to easily attach it to my wildcat harness if that’s what you mean.
Supernova

Post by Supernova »

Al wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:04 am
Supernova wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:15 pm I need to replace my Wildcat bar bag and I like the look of the Acepac bar bag. Will it fit around another non-Acepak roll or does it only attach to their own roll bag or directly to the handlebars without a roll? If you see what I mean...
Do you mean the roll / dry bag or the clip on pouch thing?

I got the clip on pouch thing to use stand alone. It’s a useful little bag but didn’t see an way to easily attach it to my wildcat harness if that’s what you mean.
That’s exactly what I mean. I want to attach it to, or around, my Wildcat harness and roll. I’d be happy if it just had straps long enough to all the way round a 20L roll bag and then lock back to itself - much like the Wildcat accessory bag does.
stevewaters

Post by stevewaters »

I just got bought one of the Acepac bar bags from Stuart. I am using it in conjunction with a Wildcat Lion harness and Alpkit 12L dry bag.
For the "top" attachments, I have tied a pair of (yellow) thin cord loops threaded through the Wildcat top clip straps and I put small (2.5mm) oval maillon rapides on the Acepac straps to connect these loops to. - These connections take less than a minute to undo if you need to remove the bag entirely. The bottom of the acepack bag has a "hook" strap that I hook onto an old small climbing sling attached to the bars and routed around the back of the wildcat harness. This bottom hook strap can be tightened up to make things snug.
The 3 photos posted below were from a trial run. I can get the whole system a fair bit "tighter" now. - I hope to use it on the Cairngorms 300 loop in a fortnight.
Acepac3.JPG
(110.86 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
Last edited by stevewaters on Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:02 am, edited 10 times in total.
stevewaters

Post by stevewaters »

Acepac2.JPG
(85.99 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
stevewaters

Post by stevewaters »

Acepac1.JPG
(106.23 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Ray Young wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:29 am I bought the 16 litre one and it fits my MYOG harness just fine. I've not used a dual end before but find it really handy. I don't pack it full so there is space to store food when you resupply. Looks well made too. Very happy with it.
Sorry, misunderstood what you were getting at.
Supernova

Post by Supernova »

That’s great - very useful photos!

I did have to look up what a maillon rapids was though.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I love mine too. Got the extra bag on mine and it's solid. So good I'm thinking on selling my wildcat harness.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Quality bag, I cut the fittings from shoulder strap and used Velcro to fit them to the bars. You can then use the points which would fit to the Acepac harness, the lower point I loop under the fork crown and use the c hook to cinch it tight. It’s rock solid used like this :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Oooh, you got a picture of that set up?
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Also,

stevewaters wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:37 pm Acepac2.JPG

You got a picture of your extendy bar or a link to it? It's looks more solid that what I'm going to use.
stevewaters

Post by stevewaters »

Escape Goat wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:50 pm You got a picture of your extendy bar or a link to it?
It's this one from SJS Cycles: https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories ... -anodized/

They have various other ones here: https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessory-f ... ts/?page=2
Here's a pic from the side: Image
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Brilliant. Thanks for that. Will check them out.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Escape Goat wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:48 pm Oooh, you got a picture of that set up?

We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Nice!