TLH - take less hair

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

TLH - take less hair

Post by Borderer »

Ok so I did this so you don't have to - just before our most recent trip Joe and I had home haircuts (all the salons were booked out). Afterwards I swept up the hair and weighed it and found that we had saved the significant figure of 50g in weight. Between us. So there you go. Take less hair and save 25g. :lol:
fatbikephil

Re: TLH - take less hair

Post by fatbikephil »

Always knew being a baldy gave me a massive advantage for bikepacking. I bet I've saved a further 50g's over you Bridget. :-bd
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I remember an article in one of the MTB magazines back in the early nineties that looked into all the ways one could save weight when biking.
It concluded with a line something like, "If all else fails, go for a dump before leaving the house."
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I use the length of my hair as my excuse for being so slow

True story this i went into the local barbers last year , took two steps, he looked at me and without any intentional humour or malice said
" sorry mate we dont cut girls hair in here "
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Lazarus wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:41 pm I use the length of my hair as my excuse for being so slow

True story this i went into the local barbers last year , took two steps, he looked at me and without any intentional humour or malice said
" sorry mate we dont cut girls hair in here "
You should be so lucky....
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Lazarus wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:41 pm " sorry mate we dont cut girls hair in here "
:lol: :lol:
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

htrider wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:57 pm Always knew being a baldy gave me a massive advantage for bikepacking. I bet I've saved a further 50g's over you Bridget. :-bd
Dunno about that - mine's a clipper cut just now - I tried to teach the boy how to cut it properly but he made an arse of it and the clippers had to come out to rescue the mess.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

htrider wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:57 pm Always knew being a baldy gave me a massive advantage for bikepacking. I bet I've saved a further 50g's over you Bridget. :-bd
The older I get the less hair I have on my head. Problem is it now sprouts out all over my body!