Full fingered gloves ... what's the bog's dollocks these days?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Full fingered gloves ... what's the bog's dollocks these days?

Post by TheBrownDog »

I seem to have lost my old but perfectly functional Spesh BG Sport gloves up at BPW last weekend.

I could just replace them but interested in other options? Needs to be well padded as I get a bit of the old palsy now and then. And they have to be well ventilated and fast drying as I'm a proper sweaty bogger.
I'm just going outside ...
Alpinum

Re: Full fingered gloves ... what's the bog's dollocks these days?

Post by Alpinum »

Fox Ranger Gel.

I prefer not to ride with gloves but when I do I go with these. Have been doing so for many years and I find the latest version superb for wide hands with comparably short fingers and ape like thumb position.
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Admittedly only 1 ride old but I can recommend Giro Bravo Gel’s. They’re a bit tight to get on but once on they fit well, comfy, light and not warm, I think the fabric would be quick drying too. Cheapest I found them for was at biketart
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Alpinum wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:11 pm Fox Ranger Gel.

I prefer not to ride with gloves but when I do I go with these. Have been doing so for many years and I find the latest version superb for wide hands with comparably short fingers and ape like thumb position.
+1 for the Fox... recently discovered. Arw amazing
redefined_cycles

Any new thoughts on gloves. I think I'm in the market for some after fingers going numb with some retro gloves today :o

Fox Ranger seems to be right up there but surely others might have found a better deal nowadays :???:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Spesh gel gloves are very comfy but I tend to wear them out quite quickly. But I think I'm particularly bad at wearing clothes out so they may be OK for others.
https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/specialize ... bWEALw_wcB

After my last pair fell apart I got a pair of endura humvee plus gloves, also have a bit of gel. They are OK (and hard wearing) but the velcro never stays closed.
I've had a pair of the fox ones Alpinum mentions and they were pretty good. Not sure what happened to them though....
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

fatbikephil wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:25 pm After my last pair fell apart I got a pair of endura humvee plus gloves, also have a bit of gel. They are OK (and hard wearing) but the velcro never stays closed.
I've had a pair of the fox ones Alpinum mentions and they were pretty good. Not sure what happened to them though....
Same experience here, the velcro is rubbish and the only thing it'll have a chance of sticking to is your cuff or sleeve. I bought my OT some Ranger gels and I think I'll be following suit for myself.
redefined_cycles

Checked both my last two gloves. Both a variation of the Fox Ranger Gel and both only lasting one season. So might have to go for the Giro mentioned by UndertheRadars.

Todays ride and I checked my funny shaped bar grips (you know the ones) and the left was slightly off camber. Straightened that out and also noted my watch was a bit tight on that hand. Loosened it off and popped on other hand. No nerver compression phew (Alhamdulillah) and no pins/needles after 25 miles of mtb.

Thanks all for the recommendations.