Cycling glasses... getting old

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rufus748

Re: Cycling glasses... getting old

Post by rufus748 »

Dave Barter wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:01 pm
lune ranger wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:52 am Problem with laser treatment is that it’s a one off correction of a (in most cases) dynamic change in visual acuity.
It will stop working at some point and you will need glasses again.
I'd pay that price for 10 years without them
Dave, that's what swayed me albeit I paid £1200 in total. Optimax in Bristol were (at the time) doing "walk in's" to fill vacant slots at a massively reduced price. They were also advertised on eBay which is how I picked mine up.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Dave, I fancy getting mine done again, you do yours first and let me know how it goes..
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

I'm worried about your search history, should anything happen to your computer Dave..... :wink:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Take a look at these for those who need bifocals
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=DDUBA8glT8E

I can't see if they do a distance full lens cover though :-(
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

rufus748 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:46 pm
Dave Barter wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:01 pm
lune ranger wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:52 am Problem with laser treatment is that it’s a one off correction of a (in most cases) dynamic change in visual acuity.
It will stop working at some point and you will need glasses again.
I'd pay that price for 10 years without them
Dave, that's what swayed me albeit I paid £1200 in total. Optimax in Bristol were (at the time) doing "walk in's" to fill vacant slots at a massively reduced price. They were also advertised on eBay which is how I picked mine up.
£1200 is actually quite attractive price wise, my last pair of glasses were £450, I need varifocals, I normally have the light weight finely graduate lenses, add reactive lenses and an anti scratch coating and your £125 frames with standard lenses are now really expensive. Due to this I normally keep them for longer than I should, I can’t see bugger all when it’s raining either.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

I've just got a pair of these and so far have only worn them when walking the dog to see how they feel. So far they are great, having never worn bifocals before and being new to any kind of glasses, I wasn't sure what to expect but by flicking my eyes down can read my phone screen and then looking up normally can see normally.

Thanks for the tip.
SeannyD wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:12 pm I use safety specs from Amazon, £10 a shot with a small bifocal section to read Garmin and phone

. https://www.amazon.co.uk/voltX-CONSTRUC ... 152&sr=8-8
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

dlovett wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:48 pm I've just got a pair of these and so far have only worn them when walking the dog to see how they feel. So far they are great, having never worn bifocals before and being new to any kind of glasses, I wasn't sure what to expect but by flicking my eyes down can read my phone screen and then looking up normally can see normally.

Thanks for the tip.

[quote=SeannyD post_id=229691 time=<a href="tel:1598026346">1598026346</a> user_id=4252]
I use safety specs from Amazon, £10 a shot with a small bifocal section to read Garmin and phone

. https://www.amazon.co.uk/voltX-CONSTRUC ... 152&sr=8-8
Your welcome :grin:
Timely reminder need to get a couple of new sets :-bd
[/quote]