KS Lev dropper posts

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

KS Lev dropper posts

Post by fatbikephil »

Anyone had any experience of these? I'm contemplating a 27.2 none stealth dropper and its down to a KS, a PNW or Brand x. Not too fussed but must be fully serviceable which the KS and PNW seem to be but the brand x isn't
Lazarus

Re: KS Lev dropper posts

Post by Lazarus »

I know they are fugly and expensive but my gravity droppers are all about 10 years old possibly more and all are still working its about 5 years till you need to do the guide blocks/bush seals depending on your tolerances to movement
All servicable and lifetime warranty
apologies for the recommending a product not asked about !
The brand X i have has more movement in two years light use then tha GD so I would not recomend them - almost helpful there :wink:
Scud

Post by Scud »

I can't comment on KS Lev. but got a Brand X from CRC in one of their sales, and so far it has been faultless, so much better than those daft Reverb. I stripped mine fine, not to service, but to add One Up components shims to reduce travel slightly, and no problems.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I've got a Brand x, not had much use but works fine so far. It replaced a reverb which had gone spongy.

The Brand X was £100 from the Lbs, they were £90 at crc at the time I think. The Brand X has a 2 year warranty.

It was more to have my reverb serviced than buy the Brand X and even if I serviced the post myself if I did it once a year it would still cost more in parts and consumables than buying a new post every 2 years.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Lazarus wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:48 pm I know they are fugly and expensive but my gravity droppers are all about 10 years old possibly more and all are still working its about 5 years till you need to do the guide blocks/bush seals depending on your tolerances to movement
The brand X i have has more movement in two years light use then tha GD so I would not recomend them - almost helpful there :wink:
Where you sourcing them from Lazarus? I went looking for one a couple of years ago and could only get them in the States. I do like the idea of a post with a metal spring.

The brand x do look good but now £140! KS is £200 but 120 drop in a 27.2 is quite nice.....
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

So old I cannot remember where I bought them from

There website seems to be up but is marked as not secure - I have emailed them to see what is going on

Bit pricey and pstage and customs are going to sting.
Tam

Post by Tam »

I had a Lev, it was OK. It didn't like the (sub zero) cold and wouldn't hold position after I'd pressed the button once. After a couple of years it became quite sticky, if not used every few days, and needed to be cajoled back to life with GT85 and plenty of ups and downs to get it to work properly again, which it usually did. Had it for 3 years and never serviced it so that probably had something to do with it...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

htrider wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 pm
Lazarus wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:48 pm I know they are fugly and expensive but my gravity droppers are all about 10 years old possibly more and all are still working its about 5 years till you need to do the guide blocks/bush seals depending on your tolerances to movement
Where you sourcing them from Lazarus? I went looking for one a couple of years ago and could only get them in the States. I do like the idea of a post with a metal spring.

The brand x do look good but now £140! KS is £200 but 120 drop in a 27.2 is quite nice.....
I have an old 27.2 Gravity Dropper in the garage if you're after one.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

I can't recommend LEV.
I had bunch (replacements of damaged ones) and they regularly failed. Although I got lucky with one which was okay for nearly two years, it never ran as smoothly as others, despite the same cables/-housing and lever.

LEV are more susceptible to freezing temperatures than Fox Transfer or One-Up V2.
Rock Shox Reverb too.

The Fox Transfer is by far the best and most reliable dropper I ever used. I've not serviced it at all except cleaning, lubing and it's still running more smooth than a new LEV or One-UP.
One-Up wins the price-performance ratio.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:30 am

I have an old 27.2 Gravity Dropper in the garage if you're after one.
[/quote]

Yes please - although Lazarus beat you to it - I'd be tempted to take both for the right price!