dales divide east coast start

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Asposium

dales divide east coast start

Post by Asposium »

If anyone from the east side of the country is doing the dales divide, fancy joining me for a start in Scarborough?
Mike

Re: dales divide east coast start

Post by Mike »

if i cba, I will be starting from Leeds but on the thurs. Not sure if its going to happen or not yet though.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Mike wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:01 am if i cba, I will be starting from Leeds but on the thurs. Not sure if its going to happen or not yet though.
Never thought of starting at Leeds. Thanks for that Mike
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Out of interest (I'm probably mentally committed to starting in Arnside now, but it is a bit of a hassle) are you planning to ride the whole route, starting at the same time, but just a different point?
ton

Post by ton »

i am riding the route starting 5th september.
starting from home in leeds, but joining the route at aldwark bridge, and hoping to end there too.
i wont be rushing.......... :-bd
Mike

Post by Mike »

If i do it ill ride to wetherby and join it just above and return to that same spot, im not entered into the event but sounds like there's 144 on the day??? Wth
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Yes, I’m riding the entire route, merely starting at Scarborough.
There’s a clock tower on the sea front.
Free on street parking.
Route goes past.
My usual Scarborough parking spot.

I would have gone over to the proper start if we could have had a social side; given we can’t seems daft to drive all that way.
Starting on the coast seems a nice place.
Fish and chips on my finish. :-bd
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Mike wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:38 am im not entered into the event but sounds like there's 144 on the day??? Wth
Where did you see there were 144 starters? There was only 25 of us in the picture taken at the start last year so that would be a big increase. Looking back at the emails from Chris last year there were 82 people who originally asked to be added to the start list so only about 1/3 turned into actual riders.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
redefined_cycles

sean_iow wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:49 am
Mike wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:38 am im not entered into the event but sounds like there's 144 on the day??? Wth
Where did you see there were 144 starters? There was only 25 of us in the picture taken at the start last year so that would be a big increase. Looking back at the emails from Chris last year there were 82 people who originally asked to be added to the start list so only about 1/3 turned into actual riders.
Sean... I just counted all the 'Yes' and 'ITT' people in Chris' latest email. Not sure why he's classified some riders as an ITT as opposed to a 'yes' I'm attending.

Anyway, the number is 125 total (not counted the 'maybe')...
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I assumed the riders listed as 'ITT' were planning to ride the route at a different time to the group start.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Sean, it was what someone told me when chatting thats all, but after all the sub standard of the last 3 months or more I could imagine that number being a possibility :roll:
slarge

Post by slarge »

I’m not sure Chris keeps on top of the “”no’s” - last year even though I said twice I wasn’t riding I was still down as a yes. I imagine there will be 30 or so who turn up. After all, when an event is free to enter loads of peeps will put their name down then not show
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

but sounds like there's 144 on the day???
I really kind of hope not. That many riders at the start will certainly draw attention which everyone could perhaps do without currently.
May the bridges you burn light your way
slarge

Post by slarge »

Highly likely it will only be 143 as I think I’ll be starting on the Sunday
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:21 pm
but sounds like there's 144 on the day???
I really kind of hope not. That many riders at the start will certainly draw attention which everyone could perhaps do without currently.
I thought we were pushing it by setting a limit of 30 for the Cairngorms Loop. Even then we only expected somewhere between 10 and 20. I have a few extra "rules" I'll be issuing regarding social distancing, avoiding bothies etc
redefined_cycles

slarge wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm Highly likely it will only be 143 as I think I’ll be starting on the Sunday
I could easily do something like this by starting a day earlier aswell... Good thinking