Bloody cycling boom!!!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Gari

Bloody cycling boom!!!

Post by Gari »

A few weeks ago I was searching for a tool for the hope 30mm BB, no one had one in stack, like anywhere! Even my LBS didn’t have one so I could take the frame in for them to fit one!
Now I’m having the same issue with a 12mm front hub conversion kit for my wheelset!!!! Don’t even get me started on why the change to 12mm as the new “gravel” standard😡😡
This bike is gonna be in its box for the rest of the year at this rate🙄🥺
sean_iow

Re: Bloody cycling boom!!!

Post by sean_iow »

Is it a Hope conversation kit you need? Don't get excited, I don't have one. But I have been looking for pads for my Hope brakes and they seem to be out of stock at the usual suspects.

Hope closed their factory for a while, coupled with the boom it's made thier stuff hard to find.

A friend was looking for a set of Tech 3 E4 brakes in orange and couldn't find any. Hopefully they'll catch up with demand.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Gari

Post by Gari »

Yeh, Hope hubs!! I get that bikes are out of stock everywhere, but are folks all converting their hubs to fit their new (12mm) gravel bikes too?!☺️
I’m gonna need a 15-12mm converter for my SON at some point so I guess I’ll try one of those instead for now.
Hopefully I won’t be back here ranting about them too😊😁
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

I was searching online for a Hope BB external English thread. Nothing.

Popped into Bike Chase shop on Cannock chase. They seem to have a very good supply of hope stuff.

If your after any hope stuff maybe give them a phone call or email rather than looking at their website. They might have what your after.
Gari

Post by Gari »

Cheers, I’ll try them later👍. I’m keen to ride the thing now😁
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Gari wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:23 pm Yeh, Hope hubs!! I get that bikes are out of stock everywhere, but are folks all converting their hubs to fit their new (12mm) gravel bikes too?!☺️
I’m gonna need a 15-12mm converter for my SON at some point so I guess I’ll try one of those instead for now.
Hopefully I won’t be back here ranting about them too😊😁
I was just about to suggest one of these:

https://www.halowheels.com/shop/spares/ ... or-sleeve/
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Odd, I've been ordering things from Hope iver the last couple of months and mist stuff is fine. Wheels are 4 to 6 weeks but everything else has been OK.

:???:

They have a web shop but not sure if that is just merchandise.