Good article, wrong photo?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ballibeg

Good article, wrong photo?

Post by ballibeg »

From today's Times,

The cyclist looks like they're using their access rights responsibly. Wrong photo for article I think.

Dave
RIP

Re: Good article, wrong photo?

Post by RIP »

Bit annoying that we're collateral damage there. Contacted them?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Yeah, that's helpful.
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

My personal thoughts on the picture and article/paper is that certain news outlets do such things on purpose the so and so's(I wouldn't mind adding a Sweary Dave word of choice here but I'm restricted). BBC do such things quite alot (again just My opinion and there are others) and I'd put my money on it that the photo has a hand of the rich and powerful behind it.

The dirty so and so ugly idiots...
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:25 pm ... and I'd put my money on it that the photo has a hand of the rich and powerful behind it.

The dirty so and so ugly idiots...
Tinfoil hat for Sir?
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

BIt harsh that - we all know that certain newspapers have an agenda and will attempt to portray certain types as the problem and the cause of woes
I have not read this article so cannot comment further but the general point about the media being controlled by the wealthy who have their ownn agenda is a firmly established fact rather than a conspiracy theory
He may or he may not be correct on this article/publication but claiming it is hardly so outlandish it requires a tin foil hat reference [IMHO]
For balance its also possible that its a stock picture chosen by an algorithm and no real thought went into it
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I could be wrong.. just a general trend I've noticed over the years. Maybe just a totally innocent stock photo!! :???:
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:00 pm I could be wrong.. just a general trend I've noticed over the years. Maybe just a totally innocent stock photo!! :???:
Tend to agree With you there, The press and the BBC are renowned for having narrative, especially up here. :wink: