Coffee bags or other options

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Jurassic

Re: Coffee bags or other options

Post by Jurassic »

SeannyD wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:29 pm Toying with the idea too now, what grinder did you go for?
I just google searched "best cheap coffee grinder" and read a few reviews and went for a Hario Skerton which is cheap and got decent reviews. It's a shot in the dark as I basically know nothing about them though (other than what I learned from googling).
mattpage

Post by mattpage »

Wow. Loads of comments, thanks everyone!

Good old coffee, always a good conversation! :)
Sounds like what I am doing now might be hard to beat, although I will look at re-useable tea bags as I had never heard of them before. Whatever takes less effort & space, that of the press may be best.

I will keep an eye out for some of the better bag types mentioned here though.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

Aeropress go and a porlex mini mmm....
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

While I've used Taylor's Hot Lava Java bags and found them acceptable, I received my first delivery of the Sports Barista coffee bags today. Very impressed by the richness of the flavour (way superior to the Taylor's stuff tbh) and will definitely be ordering more when I've used up this first lot.
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Got a couple of free samples of the new Nescafé Azeera bags. They're predictably sub-par.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

My coffee grinder arrived today, it looks to be quite decent quality although it has ceramic burrs which I believe is a give away as to it's budget heritage. I've just ordered some beans to grind in it, what have you lot done to me? :lol:
The Cumbrian

Post by The Cumbrian »

When you get some coffee beans, you can try the coffee, honey and cheese thing. It sounds very odd, but it's delicious. Cut a strong cheese into approximately 1cm cubes (strong cheddar or parmesan work well) and skewer them on a cocktail stick. Dip the cheese in honey and top it off with a coffee bean. Eat it all at once.

Fantastic.
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Kenco or Nescafe 3-in-1's for me, as long as it's wet and warm I can handle roughing it for a few days
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

The Cumbrian wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:30 pm When you get some coffee beans, you can try the coffee, honey and cheese thing. It sounds very odd, but it's delicious. Cut a strong cheese into approximately 1cm cubes (strong cheddar or parmesan work well) and skewer them on a cocktail stick. Dip the cheese in honey and top it off with a coffee bean. Eat it all at once.

Fantastic.
Sounds great, I'll definitely try that thanks. :-bd I love the whole cheese with sweet stuff thing, cold apple pie with a slice of Wensleydale, yum!