OCD question of the week or day

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: OCD question of the week or day

Post by redefined_cycles »

SLX dinner plate in 40t flavour ordered. Beautiful it must be too. Planning to join 2 slightly worn chains together to make it work.

£47£ off Mantel if anyones interested. Halfords seemed to have the 411g XT versions but unsure if they're in stock as mixed messages. Only 66£ though after brit cycling discount and a saving of 65ish grams over the SLX I've bought.

Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 pm SLX dinner plate in 40t flavour ordered. Beautiful it must be too. Planning to join 2 slightly worn chains together to make it work.

£47£ off Mantel if anyones interested. Halfords seemed to have the 411g XT versions but unsure if they're in stock as mixed messages. Only 66£ though after brit cycling discount and a saving of 65ish grams over the SLX I've bought.

Oooooh, be careful! New cassette needs a new chain, you may wear out chains on cassettes but a new cassette should always have a new chain!
Chew

Post by Chew »

I have a 38/28 and 11-32 on the gravel bike and it’ll give you all the range you’d ever need
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Grant, both chains are about 300 miles or less and both same make/model and I have the special connector pin going handy. Besides, its in the name of experimentation, research, development, forward progress, footprint reduction and extremes of 'moneysavingness'. Hope it works (didn't last time, but they weren't this new).

Chew, might as well see how much this crankset gives me and the range at the 50/11 end will be priceless when trying to keep reducing my work-commute times. Currently on 2h25 I think and there's lots of boring flats or slightly DH grades...

Don't think I've ever been this excited about rebuilding/adapting a bike :smile: