Moon rear light troubles

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

Moon rear light troubles

Post by Borderer »

We have a couple of Moon rear lights and are having issues with them. They only seem to want to come on when it's dark, and I want a flashing light behind me at all times when we are on the road. They haven't always done this and I can't remember any sort of light sensor in the blurb when I bought them. Has anyone else had this issue? It seems a shame to ditch them and buy new if it is just a setting I have somehow switched on accidentally.

I have googled but not found anything about this anywhere.
macinblack

Re: Moon rear light troubles

Post by macinblack »

Daft question but are you sure the batteries just don't need replacing and they are only visible in proper darkness?
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

No it's not that. It's usb chargeable. The light comes on for a few seconds then goes off. If you leave it then it will suddenly come on and startle you, for example when I bring it in the dark stairwell of the flat. Both front and rear lights are doing it which is weird.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Just to say that Joe found the solution to this - he correctly identified a tiny light sensor on each light and stuck duct tape over it, which sorted the problem. I couldn't see the sensor at all, but he found them both. So there you go.