2mm, 2 'kin mm.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

2mm, 2 'kin mm.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've spent an hour this morning sat in a carpark folding and taping the edges of envelopes over because the bloke at the post office said, "if it were soley up to me I'd say fine. Trouble is, we both know there'll be some nob down the line who pulls these up and says they're 2mm too big" If your envelope looks like a 3 year old's school project when it arrives - sorry :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
pistonbroke

Re: 2mm, 2 'kin mm.

Post by pistonbroke »

When I gave Shaf an FSA headset to save him from himself spaffing £100+ on a Chris King, I took it to the Post Office in El Perello, the lovely Francesca weighed it and it came to 107g. Despite the socially distancing queue extending out of the office and down the street, she set to with scissors and sticky tape, reducing the cardboard I'd wrapped it in and resealing it. It was re-weighed and came to 98g thus saving me €5 on the postage cost to the UK. We like Francesca. :-bd
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

I did a bit of postie parcel delivery last Xmas - Don't think anybody in the chain after the post office will be slightly bothered.
RIP

Post by RIP »

pistonbroke wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:06 pm it came to 107g.....she set to with scissors and sticky tape... re-weighed and came to 98g We like Francesca.
Give her a membership form, she'd fit right in Here :grin:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
FLV

Post by FLV »

I can only imagine how much he enjoyed making you do that Stu, probably be chuckling about it for days!
composite

Post by composite »

FLV wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:03 pm I can only imagine how much he enjoyed making you do that Stu, probably be chuckling about it for days!
Karma repaying Stu for the BB200/300 routes. By rights we should all be having a chuckle at about this. :smile:
Al

Post by Al »

I feel your pain!
I got stung for an extra £25 by a bike courier because the box was 162cm not 160cm.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

I’ve posted handlebars in massive cuboid boxes so I can use the maximum internal diagonal instead of paying for a large parcel price if I send it in a thinner box.

Sorry to anyone who has had to pick up one of those monstrosities (that weigh almost nothing helpfully).