Powdered Drink Mix

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

In Reverse

Re: Powdered Drink Mix

Post by In Reverse »

A nice refreshing sachet of Covid-19 can solve the problem of chlorine-tasting water if memory serves. One sachet can provide up to 10 weeks protection. Take that Nesquik.

Or as Reg said a cheap iso tab will work fine. I use these. Easier to pack than sachets too.
Last edited by In Reverse on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
composite

Post by composite »

Another vote for the High Five zero tabs as well.

They give water a decent flavour and give you a dose of electrolytes. I have found that since I started using them I drink a lot more as it just tastes better than plain water. Being tablets, they are small to carry as well, I took 4 days worth with me on a trip earlier in the year. I have a selection of most of their flavours at the moment and I think Pink Grapefruit (not a euphemism) is my favourite. :grin:
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Do you use Micropur Forte (MF 100F) liquid?

Since you're after giving a flavour, how about cold infusions with fruity flavours?

My girlfriend and I find the MF 100F tastes less than other chemical water treatments.

On hot summer days we often like to add some flavour to water (treated or not) and use one infusion bag for several litres/refills.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

composite wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:39 pm Another vote for the High Five zero tabs as well.
I do use the tablets but I find they tend to breakup into bit rattling about.

Tailwind Nutrition Endurance Fuel 30 Serving Green Tea Flavour - Caffeinated https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BFQSD6U/ ... hFb82FE2KA

This is the best energy/ hydration stuff I’ve used.
Dissolves easily, tastes great and somehow hides the energy portion within, non of the sickly sweet, hard to drink taste.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I always manage to get water into my tablets and they end up stuck in the tube and an annoying mess of unretrievable gloop
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
psling

Post by psling »

Wonder if you could fit a soda stream into a bottle cage? TMS! :lol:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

And use any spare CO2 to inflate a puncture. TLS!
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Am I really the first person to notice that Dave had issue 1 of 200AD?

Didn’t realise he was *that* old ... :lol:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Charliecres wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:19 pm Am I really the first person to notice that Dave had issue 1 of 200AD?

Didn’t realise he was *that* old ... :lol:
30p pocket money got me a comic a Mars bar and a cinema trip
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Dave Barter wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 pm I always manage to get water into my tablets and they end up stuck in the tube and an annoying mess of unretrievable gloop
You can get them individually wrapped, unfortunately I’ve only seen them at bike shows.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
composite

Post by composite »

BigdummySteve wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:07 pm I do use the tablets but I find they tend to breakup into bit rattling about.
Keeping them in the tube is the problem. Since I started decanting them into a jiffy bag they have been fine.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I put the tube in my rucksack, waist pack or if not carrying either of them then I put it in my jersey pocket. They survive intact even on the fully rigid bike.

Even on the full sus they don't survive intact in the frame bag.

I once bought a sis 500ml bottle off ebay and it had 40 individually wrapped high 5 tabs in it, I guess they were samples they gave out. They were all berry flavour which I had so much of I now can't stand.

Currently I have an empty tube from Power Bar which holds 10 tabs. I fill this with a random mix of flavours from my various tabs. I usually have loads of different brands and flavours in the cupboard as it's the thing I buy when I need to increase the value of a wiggle order to get to the free postage threshold.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Boab

Post by Boab »

composite wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:24 pm
BigdummySteve wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:07 pm I do use the tablets but I find they tend to breakup into bit rattling about.
Keeping them in the tube is the problem. Since I started decanting them into a jiffy bag they have been fine.
I generally take one or two spare in wee bags. They still break up, but due to the tools, or pump, or some other hard thing in the frame bag moving about. Hadn't though of a Jiffy Bag...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

It wasnt the powdered fire juice drinks you are thinking if? Birds Apeel was the one we sometimes had - not fizzy but had a sherbet type zing to it. Kellogs also did more flavours of their version Rise and Shine

I have find memories - but I'm sure it would actually be dreadful to have it now
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

adjustablewench wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:41 am It wasnt the powdered fire juice drinks you are thinking if? Birds Apeel was the one we sometimes had - not fizzy but had a sherbet type zing to it. Kellogs also did more flavours of their version Rise and Shine

I have find memories - but I'm sure it would actually be dreadful to have it now
Birds Appeal tings a bell as does Rise and Shine
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

I generally take one or two spare in wee bags.
Must make an interesting tasting drink. I know leave no trace is a good thing but :shock: