BB200 Entry opening

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

flyingpig

BB200 Entry opening

Post by flyingpig »

Hi, did a search on this and have seen entries have rightfully been put on hold but can't find how to get notified if this changes.

How will it be announced if/when entries do open? I've ridden it twice before and would like to do this year's if it goes ahead.

Don't want to miss the 'opportunity' as I know it generally sells out pretty quickly, need a black badge to add to the green and blue ones!

Thank you
Paul
Bearbonesnorm

Re: BB200 Entry opening

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'll give some warning here, FB, Tw@tter and also via newsletter.

At present, we're still trying to discover whether the community centre is likely to open its doors again this year.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Hypothetically, if the community centre wasn't to open until next year, could March / April be an option?

Would be unprecedented, obviously, but there's a lot of that going around.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Hypothetically, if the community centre wasn't to open until next year, could March / April be an option?
I don't know whether 2 in 1 year might be a bit much. If the community centre doesn't open then there is the option to run it from here as we did the first 3 years. However, at present gatherings of more than 30 are against guidelines which is why the WRT is still hanging in the balance*

*I appreciate some are choosing to simply ignore that but I'm not keen to p1ss off locals if possible.
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

A wise decision me thinks stu , we all come for a couple of days a year (not me this year though) you live there all year round , all it would take is a rise in cases a fortnight or so after the wrt and the finger would be pointing regardless of what caused it , plus I bet resentment can be held for a long time in the local villages
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Yeah, I wouldn't be in any rush to be the Taylor (ouch, that's a harsh autoreplace!) having an against the rules gathering. Leave that to the kids and their lockdown raves! :???:
flyingpig

Post by flyingpig »

Excellent, thank you I'm subscribed to the fb page and keep an eye here occasionally