145 quid per night to bivi (breakfast included)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

AlasdairMc

145 quid per night to bivi (breakfast included)

Post by AlasdairMc »

Is it just me, or is this a posh bivi without much consideration for the reality of a bivi night (no sleep, being awoken by wind)?

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020 ... s-the-tent
Bearbonesnorm

Re: 145 quid per night to bivi (breakfast included)

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's the middle of July, you can't see the mountains for the mist, it's raining and about 12 degrees. Hopefully, anyone who buys into that pretentious middle class bollox will have the same. :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 pm It's the middle of July, you can't see the mountains for the mist, it's raining and about 12 degrees. Hopefully, anyone who buys into that pretentious middle class bollox will have the same. :-bd
Yeah, they'll get about 30 seconds of Instagram-friendly heaven at the start, and will wake up midway through a rain shower, realising that their grand plan to sleep 'under the stars' was actually pretty rubbish.
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

While it does look pretentious, and I'm not sure I'd do it (Mrs E being a serious hater of bugs) I can see the appeal of this. Yes, it's quite spendy but that's for 2 people and you could easily spend the same amount on a crappy room in a noisy city hotel.

Given the right weather it could be an excellent, relaxing break from the world for those who aren't as prepared to ditch their creature comforts as most of us on here can be
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I am sure we are not the target audience and whilst I baulk at the price I am sure they feel the same way about riding all day then sleeping in a ditch to wake up to cold muesli - which no one is going to pay £145per night +£10 for the food.

If this is what they need to get out and get away from it and appreciate nature then I dont object .

Its not very real IMHO and a bit like fake nature but each to their own.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Anyone who wishes to pitch up in my back garden for £75 per night (I'll throw in a fried brekky) apply within
RIP

Post by RIP »

:grin:

Might be letting yourself in for more than you bargained for Phil. The photo shows a gong next to the bed - never mind the fried brekky, I reckon you'll be summoned every ten minutes to pander (*) to their every whim.....

(*) not panda
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

No no I'll offer the full bivvy experience - blasting tarp with hose pipe, large fan to simulate gale force wind, my collection of tame slugs to invade your bag, and a drunken yob interrupting your nights kip (me)