Universal Phone mounts

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

woodsmith

Universal Phone mounts

Post by woodsmith »

Anyone found a universal phone mount, stem or bar, that is reliable off road.
The VHB d/s tape for the Quadloc isnt compatible with my phone case ( and is crazy expensive for what it is).
thenorthwind

Re: Universal Phone mounts

Post by thenorthwind »

I use a cheap silicone one from eBay, a bit like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOMPO-Bike-B ... SwcB5cxrc9

Since it's not rigid, it soaks up a lot of the vibration. I don't hesitate to use it on anything I ride. Have used it on the full-sus on very technical stuff before with no problems. The only thing with mine is it will rotate on the bars when it gets very rough if there's nothing to restrain it (e.g. brake lever/shifter, a stem bag, aero bars, etc.).
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

You can get some vhb squares (make sure they're originals) from ebay for not much. I had just cut it round the quadlock mount and adhered straight to the phone. Then (well before adhering it) I dremelled out the same shape, but very snug fit, into the hardcase. Hardcase would then act as a second 'hold it in place' for the actual mount/vhb...

Hope that makes sense... worked well for me
ootini

Post by ootini »

I've got a bespoke SP connect case for my dedicated satnav Samsung S7, and have just bought an SP Connect universal connector to for my Samsung S10Lite phone fir when out n about pottering. It fits any case with a 2" square blank space at the back using an M3 adhesive patch.
I've then got top cap / stem located clamps on my bikes. Twists 90° on or off. I've not used Quadlock, but have been told SP Connect is a bit more solid.