Mouse kills Lioness

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jaminb

Mouse kills Lioness

Post by jaminb »

I have been packing for my first overnight bike ride since lockdown. It has been a struggle remembering what not to take and where those essentials are stashed, but this has really upset me.

[img/https://i.imgur.com/iZDNPWp.jpg/img]

https://imgur.com/gallery/RYgh7c7

I could cope with the destroyed internal mesh but the little bxxtaxx has chewed through the zip rendering it useless! Probably my fault for leaving an emergency cube of Bloks energy sweet in the corner.

Any recommendations for someone who can replace a waterproof zip? Cant see a new one on Wildcat's website.
Last edited by jaminb on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fatbikephil

Re: Mouse kills Lioness

Post by fatbikephil »

Timorous sleekit wee b*stards so they are.
Lost an ESI grip and a fuel cell to the little sods. I store my stuff high up on shelves now
slarge

Post by slarge »

Yes, any food is in a tin in the garage after losing a Camelback to a mouse, and my frame bag came perilously close to being damaged beyond repair - now everything is in a plastic box on a high shelf.

Any sewing shop should be able to repair it, but you could have a word with Alpkit and see what they can do?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I make sure I don't leave any food in my bags. The frame bag stays on the bike all the time but I leave the zip open when the bike is in the shed, hopefully if any rodents smell old food they wont chew their way in if the bag's open.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Any recommendations for someone who can replace a waterproof zip?
Alpkit do a repair service hat includes other brands and i assume they have the skills and the zip
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I recall the mesh side pocket of Chew's wingnut developing holes after a night in Camban bothy.
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Hi Jamin...

Did you find someone to sort out your zip. If not then I'm happy to have a go as ling as you're happy sorting the new zip/materials if needed...

I won't any claims at being a pro but I was in a similar situation as yourself on my framebag (full frame Wildcat) and ended up cooridinating with Alpkit who eventually said they can't do it... So I had to take on the task .myself and upgraded to the latestt Revelate equivalent zip in the process.... Doesn't look the tidiest but did the job and holding out half a year later with regular use...

Hopefully you're near enough that I can collect it without you needing to spend extra on RM (if you decided to trust me with it :smile: )...
Scud

Post by Scud »

I had mice get through a box of caffeinated Science in Sport gels once, i like to think somewhere in my garage is a breed of amped up super-mice!