Wtb pure saddles

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Wtb pure saddles

Post by Mike »

so i think im moving away from the c17 saddles, iv looked at loads on the net and made a decision on a wtb pure. Anyone got any experiences of using one and what they are like all day? I know saddles are a personal thing just asking. Im no longer willing to spend crazy amounts on saddles that dont last any longer than mid range priced ones :wink:
Tam

Re: Wtb pure saddles

Post by Tam »

I've used one for the last 5 years or so. Absolutely love it, very comfortable and it's seen me right on some big rides. First one I had was a standard version with cromoly rails. Eventually the corner ripped and I got the ti railed team version on eBay for about £45. I actually think the original was comfier! Like an old couch moulded to my sit bones! Highly recommend. :-bd
jameso

Post by jameso »

I really like them. Pure, Rocket or Volts on all my MTBs. Less of a fan for the road/gravel bike as they've got a quite pronounced 'flat S' curve on the front to back profile, prefer something flat (Arione-style) for the road, but for me that S-shape is great for off-road. The rear area side-to-side shape of WTBs is the best out there ime.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Nothing but good things to say about WTB saddles here. :-bd
The Fargo I bought second hand had one. I never considered them before and it was like sinking into a comfy chair.
WTB are my go to saddle of choice. Even the cheapest bottom (sniggers) of the range Rocket at 150mm wide was so comfortable for me I lashed out on the ti version.
I was going to get the same Pure as on the Fargo for the Stooge build but that version is not made anymore so still using the Rocket.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
jameso

Post by jameso »

^ Good point on the widths - I found the 142 wide models a lot comfier than the 135s, though the 135s were comfy (used them a lot) the correct width makes a difference on longer rides so I replaced my Rocket 135s with Volt 142s. The Volt is essentially a re-styled Rocket - exactly the same upper shape, just a shallower side view design.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I had one. I had no problems with it for a few hours but more than that it was torture. I swapped to a C17 carved, happy days.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

got one on the gravel bike - first ride i found it uncomfortable for the first hour and fine afterwards - weirdly this pattern continues - i find it a bit rubbish at the start of the ride but am fine once going - I dont have this issue with other saddles
Only done a 7 hour ride as the max length but would be happy to take it for multi day rides
FLV

Post by FLV »

I've got a volt. (I can loan it you if want a try before you buy). Its not my favourite but is 'ok'

Lots of folk like Fabric scoops, me included. Shallow Radius or Flat, pretty cheap to have a try and very clear 'range'. I'm moving across to these.
I had a cabmium or whatever its called, the radius scoop was the most similar shape for me.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Another WTB fan here but speeds for me - comfiest saddle I've ever had and not too heavy if you get the cro-mo railed one. As used by Mike Hall apparently. Gel version is very heavy but armchair like.

Rockets OK as well but not quite as comfy as speeds.
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

I'm going the opposite way. I've just bought a C13 145 off ebay to replace my WTB Rocket ti.

It will be an interesting comparison.
May satan walk with you
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Another satisfied Pure/Rocket user here. Basically what they said up there.
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd thanks all its should be here tomoz so i can give it a good testing sunday see how if fairs