What are you listening to now?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alpinum

Re: What are you listening to now?

Post by Alpinum »

With the post ride beer, listening to Kyuss. Just now the song Odyssey is running loud and filling an empty void in my head.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Gosh, how I love that Album;

Kyuss, Welcome To Sky Valley.

Kind of a matching sound track to riding a steel hard tail, single speed, with a 63.2 ° head angle, Magic Mary 29 x 2.35 front, 27.5 x 2.8 rear, 510 mm reach, super short chain stays, 150 mm fork, 32 mm stem, 800 mm bars (could be I cut them to 780 mm, but can't remember for sure) and problematically low bottom braket.
RIP

Post by RIP »

This will come as no surprise after my previous posts but this turned up in t'post today. Not that easy to get hold of. Crossing The Red Sea by The Adverts..

And I had to buy this one (yes, I know I know...) simply for Parsons's cracking guitar break in the middle of Hey Little Rich Boy which I am "Listening To Now" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSZLWDf7oYA):

Last edited by RIP on Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Youtube surfing - Found this.

Someone get Reg a box of tissues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTiWZkC9PGQ
RIP

Post by RIP »

WOW! Thanks Mac! Now officially Cheery Friday!!

Olga just can't stop himself cracking up at the whole spectacle!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Isis, Streetcleaner.

About the heaviest of music I like.
And how I like it.

Likely the most powerful live act I ever came across. They absolutely blew me away.

Like the live power of Sigur Rós, but oh so much harder.

Talking about Sigur Rós; the first time I went to listen them live I was afraid their soft music would make me feel a bit bored. How wrong I was! A lovely way to learn that live power in music has nothing to do with the type being played.
Last edited by Alpinum on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ootini

Post by ootini »

I've seen Sigur Ros live about a dozen times now. Breath taking each and every time.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

ootini wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:31 am I've seen Sigur Ros live about a dozen times now. Breath taking each and every time.
Indeed a fantastic live band :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

While Pete is watching BMXers in Nigeria, I've just had a bath far too soon after eating my tea... and - OH NO! I'VE GOT THE CRAMPS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bta9s0hONRo

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

RIP wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:53 pm While Pete is watching BMXers in Nigeria, I've just had a bath far too soon after eating my tea... and - OH NO! I'VE GOT THE CRAMPS!

I see what you did there :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
techno

Post by techno »

RIP wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:53 pm While Pete is watching BMXers in Nigeria, I've just had a bath far too soon after eating my tea... and - OH NO! I'VE GOT THE CRAMPS!

Came across this a while back, not y'r standard gig venue: https://youtu.be/Fat2rswNJ1k
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Mono, The Last Dawn.
RIP

Post by RIP »

techno wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:02 pm

Came across this a while back, not y'r standard gig venue: https://youtu.be/Fat2rswNJ1k
Splendid!

Lux verging dangerously into Legendary Stardust Cowboy territory in the first few minutes there.

Plainly it raises lots of obvious questions about who in fact are the inmates etc etc.

I like your 'gigs in wacky places' angle, Tech, I'll offer 'Inside Jet Harris' - he played Gloucester Prison in 1977. Gigs in prison were very unusual. I've got the rare original LP. It's his interactions with the residents that are the best bit, eg: "I'd like one of those shirts", "You can have the lot", "no no, put them out the back I'll take 'em later". Quality variable - it was recorded surreptitiously under the band manager's seat! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0X2pUXpyTM . Clever LP name "Inside Jet Harris" as it was not least a look into the man's character after an eventful life. Inside Jet Harris, Jet Harris Insi... oh please yourselves :wink: .

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Dee bought some tickets to see Flogging Molly next year. Haven't seen them live for some time, so I'll reintroduce my ears to them later today. Little known fact .... the BB200 was nearly named 'The Devil's Dance floor' after one of their songs, so there you go.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Briiliant! You should've done it :smile: .

"If the devil asks you to dance, you better say never, because a dance with the devil could last forever" - yep that sounds like BB200 alright!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YPaz0p2dpEk

My next musical interlude is going to be Wagner's 'Ride Of The Valkyries' at full volume, whilst at the same time vividly imagining 'Pig, and upcoming sufferers, riding across Eppynt or Sennybridge or wherever with huge explosions, flashes, bangs and whatnot going on all around them as they scurry across trying to keep their heads down :-bd .

techno

Post by techno »

RIP wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:33 am
Lux verging dangerously into Legendary Stardust Cowboy territory in the first few minutes there.

Plainly it raises lots of obvious questions about who in fact are the inmates etc etc.

I like your 'gigs in wacky places' angle, Tech, I'll offer 'Inside Jet Harris' - he played Gloucester Prison in 1977. Gigs in prison were very unusual. I've got the rare original LP. It's his interactions with the residents that are the best bit, eg: "I'd like one of those shirts", "You can have the lot", "no no, put them out the back I'll take 'em later". Quality variable - it was recorded surreptitiously under the band manager's seat! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0X2pUXpyTM . Clever LP name "Inside Jet Harris" as it was not least a look into the man's character after an eventful life. Inside Jet Harris, Jet Harris Insi... oh please yourselves :wink: .
Will listen later, thanks reg.

Speaking of prison gigs (tangentially), have you seen the documentary about Johnny Cash's performance at the Whitehouse?
Really Interesting, it's called "tricky dick and the man in black" and is on Netflix currently.
Playing there now may be somewhat akin to playing in an asylum.
RIP

Post by RIP »

techno wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:28 pm Speaking of prison gigs (tangentially), have you seen the documentary about Johnny Cash's performance at the Whitehouse?
Really Interesting, it's called "tricky dick and the man in black" and is on Netflix currently.
Playing there now may be somewhat akin to playing in an asylum.
Sounds interestin', ta. Unfortunately I am not a subscriber to the "Flicknets" of which you speak :wink: .

Postie today: another blasted Sham CD. The previous one had a live version of "Hey Little Rich Boy" and I want the studio one. Couldn't find it anywhere until ebay showed up the "2-CD Anthology" - but with the second one missing! Luckily HLRB is track 10 on the first CD, and he let me have it for a quid + P&P!

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:02 am Dee bought some tickets to see Flogging Molly next year. Haven't seen them live for some time, so I'll reintroduce my ears to them later today. Little known fact .... the BB200 was nearly named 'The Devil's Dance floor' after one of their songs, so there you go.
Very generous of you Stu :wink: where are they playing, I owe myself another molly gig after not going with the future ex Mrs dummy :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Alpinum wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:49 pm Gosh, how I love that Album; Kyuss, Welcome To Sky Valley...
Sky Valley and Blues for the Red Sun...all time classics. Great choice there.

Bit o' old skool hardcore this morning with a new twist....here's SOD in quarantine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDtZLkv5q-Y

Habla Español o Muere!

Greetz

S.
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

Alpinum wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:43 am
ootini wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:31 am I've seen Sigur Ros live about a dozen times now. Breath taking each and every time.
Indeed a fantastic live band :-bd
And kind too.

A few years ago I made a work related promo video for our community hospital services, and wanted to put Hoppipola as the backing track. I contacted their UK manager and asked for permission and got an email from the band directly telling me that they would be more than happy, and waiving any payment. Top job.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

where are they playing
It'll be a trip to Manchester for us Steve but I'm sure they'll be making an appearance elsewhere too.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:26 am
where are they playing
It'll be a trip to Manchester for us Steve but I'm sure they'll be making an appearance elsewhere too.
Me and the lad are looking at them too Stu, would rather see the Murphys but that would involve a whole lot of travel
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Me and the lad are looking at them too Stu, would rather see the Murphys but that would involve a whole lot of travel[/quote
It's always a good night Stu.
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

Roger Miller " King of the road" from 1965, I try to keep up with popular music you know!
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

Sympathy by Rare Bird. Still love this song after all these years,
May satan walk with you