The Acepac luggage I mentioned.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: The Acepac luggage I mentioned.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Good idea SBF, similar to the standard unit of measurement 'An Area The Size Of Wales'. I find it uncanny that random geographical areas mentioned in the news are ALWAYS - without exception - AATSOW. Even Wales is An Area The Size Of Wales apparently.
Very true Reg, yet most of the population have little idea how big or little Wales is ... and what if we flattened it out, it'd be massive :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Boab

Post by Boab »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:06 pm The large £1.50 bag of chips fits nicely (and I reckon can be eaten on the go but will see now) with space for at least another 150ml (got a few other little bits still in there with the divider.... towards the back)
£1.50 for a large bag of chips...!?! I obviously frequent the wrong chippies...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

K1100T wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:44 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:06 pm The large £1.50 bag of chips fits nicely (and I reckon can be eaten on the go but will see now) with space for at least another 150ml (got a few other little bits still in there with the divider.... towards the back)
£1.50 for a large bag of chips...!?! I obviously frequent the wrong chippies...
Bottom end of Paddock if ever you're passing through the vicinity. Lovely gaffer at Indiano Balti. I'm very selective of where I eat and this is one of the few places I do frequent... Would've gotten a burger too but doubt it'd have fit :smile:
robsmuddygloves

Post by robsmuddygloves »

I got the handlebar harness recently, and to echo what others have said it seems very sturdy, well made and an absolute bargain. Cheers, Stu. :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Cheers, Stu.
A pleasure. :wink:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Went past the 'cheaper' chippy nearish me. £2 for a regular, large is £3. Dread to even check the one in my town, will defo be more!
composite

Post by composite »

Got the tool roll today and seems good. Serving its purpose of keeping the tools tidy in the frame bag. Once I get a new smaller pump I'll be able to strap it to the seat post and leave the frame bag at home for shorter rides. Cheers Stu. :smile:
jamiep

Post by jamiep »

16ltr dry bag and saddle harness arrived today.

Bag is cavernous, as large as any other saddle pack I have (aipidura, lumo, podsacs, alpkit). A very wide mouth for shoving stuff in. Thick material, heavy weight. There is a slight, very fine weave on the outside - I wonder if this will hold dirt more than a smooth, rubberised fabric. Lots of webbing points. I have added an elastic cord. Smooth coating on the inside for allowing the contents to slide in easily.

Harness consists of different material types and sturdinesses in different places. Seems well thought out. Straps integrate well with the bag. Saddle clinch straps have pull tabs for getting a tight yank on them. Female end of the clips are shaped to guide the male into it. They also have a very clever feature that it is impossible for the strap to loosen and slide through it when fastened, only be tightened further.

I can tell that they have been designed by someone who has been bikepacking, and even more thought out than all the packs above
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

New stocks of both front and rear harnesses landed yesterday if anyone is looking for such.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Stu... can you ger special orders in... Lets say for example if someone wanted the tool roll but in the green flavour??

Also, does the tool roll velcro nicely to the BB/DT/ST junction as thinking to have it sat there on the road bike permanently
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Stu... can you ger special orders in... Lets say for example if someone wanted the tool roll but in the green flavour??
No Shaf. Acepac have wisely (IMO) dropped doing colours. Anything blue, green, etc will be old stock.
Also, does the tool roll velcro nicely to the BB/DT/ST junction as thinking to have it sat there on the road bike permanently
Yeah, it'll fit on any tube you like.