What do you do with your 'swanky' carbon steerer

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

What do you do with your 'swanky' carbon steerer

Post by redefined_cycles »

This is what I finally did mine. It's from some Columbus forks which went on a retro (Condor steel 631 with 1 inch headtube) bike years ago... actually over 5 years now I'd say. Had spent about £130 or £200 on em from Tritons so the excess steerer was worth alot to me so couldn't quite bring myself to chuck it.

Used it for experimentation by scuffing it up for I'm not sure what reasons... recently the kettle lid broke (well the plstic ear that the spring clips into) so wouldn't go up and down. Whilst in the market for a new kettle I remembered the epoxy I'd be using to fix little ones RC car and thankfully saw the spare steerer in outhouse...

Few glue swabs later and then a day of drying... I give you the carbon (swanky Italian 'we're the best, but our sh*zzle doesn't last long) handled kettle. Its lovely and reminds me of the pizza tower :grin: Missus hates it. She's probably can't see the carbon Columbus in it...

Feel free to give a thumbs up or down... Without further letters..

redefined_cycles

Re: What do you do with your 'swanky' carbon steerer

Post by redefined_cycles »

NB. For the record. Them Columbus carbon forks were actually super comfy and over engineered for long lifespan and comfort I'd say. So have no doubt in my mind they'll still be about in 10 years time... Also regards Columbus steel tubing... I love it and rides as lovely as you'd expect :smile: