Foolish eBay Automated Selling System

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Foolish eBay Automated Selling System

Post by Escape Goat »

I started up on ebay again, bought some wheels, guitar fx pedals, bits and bobs and cleared out a load of tyres, then received this but luckily received monies and transferred to account;

Hello,
Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

eBay Customer Service

How vague is that?!

I did pay my fee's I owed, faster than they were owed to see if that changed anything. It didn't.
lune ranger

Re: Foolish eBay Automated Selling System

Post by lune ranger »

Are you sure that’s genuine? Smells like some kind of phishing exercise. I get them all the time ‘ your account is frozen blah blah, click here blah blah...’
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Yeah, Web and app are both the same. Can't bid on anything.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Ask them to call you? They were (surprisingly) helpful last couple times I spoke to them....

No idea why your account was locked obvs but I had a bad experience about 3 years ago where they restricted my account as my Sale cancellations due to items not being in stock exceeded their 2-3% tolerance. I was having a selling binge and cocked up on a couple of items and just cancelled the sale, refunded and let the buyer keep the item rather than ask the seller to return. That triggered the error rate and the restriction. I am careful to follow their processes now.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Yeah I think I will. Just odd really. Needed to get a few things off there that were in the basket!
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

They used to be complete ***** but think since they got hammered by Facebook Marketplace, they have massively improved their customer service. It does seem to go in waves though which I suspect depends on which corporate strategy bullsh!t edict they are following at the time.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

And with a vague reply I'm back in. Very strange. Thanks for your suggestions though.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

:-bd