On One Bootzipper

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

shutuplegs

On One Bootzipper

Post by shutuplegs »

Anyone come across one of these in the flesh? How do they handle the rougher stuff?

I’m considering the standard build, upgrading the wheels and tyres when funds allow.

Usage will be long days/weekend trips so will try set it up to be comfy.
“We live and learn, and big mountains are stern teachers” - HW Tilman.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: On One Bootzipper

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

[caveat] No I've not seen one [caveat] I'd imagine they'd make a good all rounder and be well suited to bikepacking but please, don't go fitting drops :wink: After PX posted pictures of a drop barred one, the internet was full of people thinking it was some kind of production gravel / monsterX bike ... they didn't seem to realise it was a mountainbike with drops fitted which given the numbers, was probably something it wasn't well suited to.
May the bridges you burn light your way
jameso

Post by jameso »

Friend of mine has one as a project bike base - the sort of thing that gets klunker bars one month and H bars the next, street tyres and a pizza rack or a bikepacking build. Says it's not a light frameset but seems pretty adaptable. Short rigid forks too, I like that.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

1st upgrade the seat post.

I've known several others and I've had one of their Twelfty bolt rail fixings fail, not what you want on a long bike packing trip miles from any bike shop.

TBH I can't remember the exact thing that failed on the Twelfty but it was terminal, they were good and sent out a replacement, which I sold and bought another brand

Apart from that it ticks many boxes
chrisjones

Post by chrisjones »

The frameset is on offer at £350 at the moment.
shutuplegs

Post by shutuplegs »

Thanks all for the replies.

It looks like it ticks a lot of boxes for my needs, it will definitely not be getting drop bars! (I should have said, I’m looking at the 29er version)

And thanks JC for the tip about seatpost, hope that walk wasn’t too long!
“We live and learn, and big mountains are stern teachers” - HW Tilman.