What's the Gravelw@nker equivalent of this?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alpinum

Re: What's the Gravelw@nker equivalent of this?

Post by Alpinum »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:21 pm
Grand :-bd
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Scud wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:01 pm The trouble with braces is that they will slowly morph into something else....

- industry will add load carrying pouches to braces,
- someone will note that if they add a cross strap between the braces the load is more stable.
- then they'll advertise the fact that if you added water storage to braces that bottles won;t get much in bottle cages.
- they they'll bring an ergonomics expert that states having the load on the rider is better than on bike

.... and i'll have to sell all my bikepacking bags and go back to wearing a rucksack as fashion dictates thats best...
Thought you were describing bikepacking belt order there Scud. Maybe we could get our gear into webbing so it’s conveniently about ones person at all times whether on or off the bike. :grin:
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Boab

Post by Boab »

I look forward to seeing the first range of MOLLE based bikepacking gear...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
jameso

Post by jameso »

K1100T wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:09 am I look forward to seeing the first range of MOLLE based bikepacking gear...
Yes, would be useful on the back of a bar harness. Some already using it for rear attachments on a more rando-style front box bag. Daisy chain loop attachments is the same idea also I suppose?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I already use Molle adapter clips to mount luggage. I use them to attach a fuel bottle holder to the side of a front accessory bag, to fix an extra storage bag to the top of my front harness and also to attach my Spot tracker to front bag or seat pack. They work really well, never had one come open on its own and they mean I can add and remove stuff when needed.

The ones I use look like this

Next is to get some of these

I think they would be ideal for attaching lanyards from tech to my luggage, like the one on the eTrex, to keep it safe if it comes off the mount - which it never does but would without the lanyard to catch it.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/Disc ... 7057-p.htm
Liked the look of them, just bought a pair in graphite/orange under half price too :-bd