aussie grit flint shorts sizing?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rufus748

aussie grit flint shorts sizing?

Post by rufus748 »

Interested in picking up a pair in their sale. I recall there are few owners on here. How do they size up?
Lazarus

Re: aussie grit flint shorts sizing?

Post by Lazarus »

Having just bought the small i would say about right - not the bib version
I am between small and medium - in that small usually fit but can be too tight for long rides - they may fall into this category but i cannot really tell until i actually taken them out for a proper ride- though they usually stretch enough so I tend to use new ones for commuting till comfortable

They only have large left and do free returns so nothing to lose if large are about right

I have no idea what size phone would fit in the pocket as its tiny - not that i ever intended to do this anyway
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Thanks, don't really use the pockets anyway. Might take a punt, can always return them
FLV

Post by FLV »

Im 96.5kg, about a 36 waist
Size XL is a relaxed fit in the shorts, an L may have been just a little snug
Size XL in the gilet only just fastens but is not wearable.

Hopefully they are good with customer service as my shorts are faulty out of the bag.
Laurensdad

Post by Laurensdad »

34 waist, 6'1" 14stone and a large is spot on.

Cheers

Phil
@philg1971 Instagram
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

6'3" tall, 36-37" waist and 105kg (I know.. no idea why the imp/metric mix :roll: )… XXL is a little loose on the waist but fine on the thigh for me... shorts have a lower waist than I'd like but, once on and riding, feel fine. Prefer the bibs for the latter reason. HTH... only XXL in bibs left.
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Andy, I bought large when they were half price, at £50 they're a steal ( allowed as you're retired :wink: ) I felt they were a bit big in the waist, not by much, so I contacted them about swapping for medium. They said that they were having issues with returns from overseas so would just send me the mediums and I could keep the large's, mega result. The mediums are perfect in the waist but the bibs are slightly tight for my height. I'd say, having met you, that large will be most comfortable. Unlike almost every other brand I've bought mail order, they don't come up small, for example in Assos, I'm XL???
Also, I think from comments on STW they cannot be returned but not seen this on their email. Quality is superb, so much so I've bought the shell jacket as well.
Edit, Doh, I should read the title better, the flint are non bib so my comments are redundant, seems the pocket is smaller on the Flint than the Grit which I can get my brick of a Moto in ok. I'd still go large if I were you.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

My Garmin GPS might just fit the tiny pocket but I am not confident- it really does seem a pointless pocket - money I guess is all i would store there - its about the size of a really old Noika that had snake on it
the gillet do seem a tad strange I got small for shorts and top but the medium gillet - thinking i would wear it in autumn with a thick jacket and that is snug on my waist - cetainly tight when i closed it
None of this has been worn in anger as it only arrived today
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I got a large. Any brand I'm usually a large and these were a-OK. Lovely short.
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

thanks all. I've taken a punt, at best I might need to lose a couple of lockdown pounds :wink:
FLV

Post by FLV »

FLV wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:24 pm Im 96.5kg, about a 36 waist
Size XL is a relaxed fit in the shorts, an L may have been just a little snug
Size XL in the gilet only just fastens but is not wearable.

Hopefully they are good with customer service as my shorts are faulty out of the bag.
In the interest of completion. Excellent customer service. Issue resolved straight away.