I wouldn't usually - a petition.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

I wouldn't usually - a petition.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It'll only take a few minutes and might hopefully put an end to the sale id disposable BBQs, something I'm sure most of us would see as a good thing.

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament- ... able-bbq-s
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Re: I wouldn't usually - a petition.

Post by redefined_cycles »

Well done Stu... Looks like everyones try8ng to sign it. You've caused the servers to break after posting here...
jay91

Post by jay91 »

The server is down so must getting some traffic :-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
RIP

Post by RIP »

's'back again. Yep, ridiculous things they are. I'd put 'em on a par with patio heaters, leaf blowers, and driveway jet washers :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

We were up on ilkley moor last year putting a moor fire out and a family turned up with a portable bbq and when questioned they were planning on having a bbq while they watched up fight the fire, fucktards
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Quite a common tool for committing suicide too - Get rid of them.
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

See the bloody things dumped in my local park all the time, usually next to the bin and underneath the sign saying no bbq's!
May satan walk with you
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Done. Hateful things!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

Signed, bloody local Asda full of them a day after easing lockdown up here.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Done.
faustus

Post by faustus »

Done too, awful things. Cause of recent fire in Wareham forest. They are either littered or cause fires...
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Signed

I don’t really get the disposable BBQ thing. For a day out it’s a lot of faff for some sausages. So much easier to get some baguettes, cheese, ham or whatever picnic things take your fancy and do that instead. I don’t think I’ve ever used one
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Signed and shared
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Seeing as it's you Stu.
Would gladly see the end of them, though somehow I don't think it'll solve much.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I'm not going to argue that these are much cop though I can see where they might have their time or place. What I'm really doubtful is that banning them is really a worthwhile effort / objective. Fycktards that aren't able to use the outdoors in a competent manner will continue to do so so long as they are fucjtards. I suspect they will just use something else equally as unsuitable and potentially disastrous.

At the risk of sounding like some gun ownership wack job, it's not the bbqs, it's the bbq users that are the problem (aka guns dont kill people, people kill people) :roll:

But hey, whatever, there'll not be anyone much happier than me if you do succeed and theres no more moor fires :cool:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm not going to argue that these are much cop though I can see where they might have their time or place. What I'm really doubtful is that banning them is really a worthwhile effort / objective. Fycktards that aren't able to use the outdoors in a competent manner will continue to do so so long as they are fucjtards. I suspect they will just use something else equally as unsuitable and potentially disastrous.
I reckon it could be a major step. From what my brain can dream up, the only alternitive I can see would be a camp fire and I'm sure that would be a leap too far for many casual day trippers.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

You might be right Stu but I am very sceptical.

I hope something is successful because in this day and age it's ridiculous that people are causing these fires.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:30 am I reckon it could be a major step. From what my brain can dream up, the only alternitive I can see would be a camp fire and I'm sure that would be a leap too far for many casual day trippers.
I think you underestimate the resolve/thoughtlessness/stupidity of the casual daytripper/professional countryside wrecker. I've already seen one photo of a non-disposable barbecue that has been dragged to a beauty spot, used once and left with the box it came in.

If there's a ban, I can foresee a race to produce the cheapest "re-usable" barbecue possible, and sell it as a package with instant light charcoal and a couple of firelighters.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've already seen one photo of a non-disposable barbecue that has been dragged to a beauty spot, used once and left with the box it came in.
That's only a single picture Dave - I once saw a picture of a bear riding a bike but 99% of bears can't or choose not to ride bicycles. :wink:
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Done
Yep, ridiculous things they are. I'd put 'em on a par with patio heaters, leaf blowers, and driveway jet washers
You forgot "BBQ lighter fuel" - anybody who can't light a BBQ, without using this stuff, shouldn't be allowed near matches
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:48 am
I've already seen one photo of a non-disposable barbecue that has been dragged to a beauty spot, used once and left with the box it came in.
That's only a single picture Dave - I once saw a picture of a bear riding a bike but 99% of bears can't or choose not to ride bicycles. :wink:
Didn't stop you starting a whole blog/forum to discuss the topic :lol:
Scud

Post by Scud »

Signed, up there with chinese lanterns for "dumb things to do with fire"
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

RIP wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:11 pm 's'back again. Yep, ridiculous things they are. I'd put 'em on a par with patio heaters, leaf blowers, and driveway jet washers :wink: .
Nothing better than a few beers with the chiminea alight to keep the evening chill at bay. Apart from the patio heater I also own a leaf blower (think of it as a 2 stroke broom) and a jet wash.