When?????

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Re: When?????

Post by FLV »

RIP wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:45 pm I reckon numbers are still quite low so pretty much guaranteed to get wherever you want. Do you get on at a Hope Valley Line station? I can't remember now, apologies. Mebbes just turn up and wing it - always a good way of starting a BP journey :-bd .
I live in Glossop, rough idea was tomride to manchester center, hop on a train to Lancaster or similar (somewhere direct)and ride home.
York is on the list, its about 100km so a day is doable
RIP

Post by RIP »

Maybe try and stick to just one "leg" - not when riding, journey leg :wink: . At least then you're on and don't have to worry about being stuck halfway! (EDIT: Doh! Sorry, you already suggested that) My Welsh caper [hopefully] next weekend is direct train outward but two changes on the way back. I'll probably end up bivvying in Chester station toilets when it all goes to pieces :-bd .

Teaching granny to suck eggs 'ere but how about Mcr Picc to Stoke then back via Leek, Dove/Manifold, and Buxton? Top day out that would be.

PS> Just seen that there are direct Mcr Vic - York trains every half hour! Didn't know that. Only takes 75 mins too.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
FLV

Post by FLV »

That one would make a nice long day out, a few are further afield and an evening train and novo before riding home in the morning appeals
RIP

Post by RIP »

Without over-egging this (ok I am over-egging it :smile: ), good thing about Stoke would be if you couldn't get onto a fast mainline train, you'd be guaranteed to get on the local ones.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster