anyone suffer from Hotfoot ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

mattpage

Re: anyone suffer from Hotfoot ?

Post by mattpage »

In that case, it does sound more like nerves as I think those toes share a nerve.
But I would have a read up on External Iliac Artery Endofibrosis.

Probably unlikely, but you could potentially rule it out at least.
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

belugabob wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:25 am Sometimes, on longer rides, the two smallest ties on my right foot start to experience sharp pains.
I now try to have a sit down and take my shoes off, every few hours.

Not sure if this is the same as 'hotfoot' or even related, but maybe somebody can explain it.
Have a google at Morton’s neuroma. I have it in both feet and get nerve pains down the two toes next to the little one. It’s caused by swelling of the nerve between the metatarsal bones. It usually manifests as a pain In the middle of the foot too, like a sharp pebble in your shoe.
It isn’t easy to fix, I had an op to remove the nerve in one foot but it still hurts, apparently you get a neuroma on the nerve stump that’s left behind. 😟 There are ways to manage it though.
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

ChrisF wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:38 pm
belugabob wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:25 am Sometimes, on longer rides, the two smallest ties on my right foot start to experience sharp pains.
I now try to have a sit down and take my shoes off, every few hours.

Not sure if this is the same as 'hotfoot' or even related, but maybe somebody can explain it.
Have a google at Morton’s neuroma. I have it in both feet and get nerve pains down the two toes next to the little one. It’s caused by swelling of the nerve between the metatarsal bones. It usually manifests as a pain In the middle of the foot too, like a sharp pebble in your shoe.
It isn’t easy to fix, I had an op to remove the nerve in one foot but it still hurts, apparently you get a neuroma on the nerve stump that’s left behind. 😟 There are ways to manage it though.
The main description of the symptoms is a little different to what I experience, but I'll have a better look in the morning.

"High-heeled shoes have been linked to the development of Morton's neuroma"

It may be that, after a1l ;)