Dropper/Seatpack thingamy

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

stevenshand

Dropper/Seatpack thingamy

Post by stevenshand »

I've seen a few people ask recently about fitting seatpacks to dropper posts. We (Wildcat) have a dropper sleeve that was originally designed to work with our new Tiger seat harness (which is still delayed :sad: ).

It was originally designed specifically for our Tiger but if it seems like there's a demand for them I can make them available separately. 26mm diameter with a shim to drop it down to 25mm if needed. Strap area is 50mm.

Not 100% sure on price but I'm guessing about £20?

What do the hive mind think?

Thanks

Mike

Re: Dropper/Seatpack thingamy

Post by Mike »

How does that work then??
stevenshand

Post by stevenshand »

Mike wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 pm How does that work then??
It bolts onto your dropper post and your strap wraps round this instead of the post so protects it from damage. Also provides a stop to prevent you dropping your post low enough to mangle your bag or harness on the rear tyre.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Great idea. There’s a secondary use in that they provide a temporary collar if your dropper dies on a big ride - someone mentioned similar in a Facebook group I’m in.

Does 50mm cover other manufacturers too? From memory my Wildcat and Revelate packs have straps of broadly similar sizes
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Karl has already done this

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15831
FLV

Post by FLV »

Amusingly I also have one on my desk. mine has an interlocked hinge as my pal with a printer diddnt have any flexible material to hand :lol:

I think they'll work great for local trips, but I think paranoia will drive me to remove the dropper before longer trips. I more or less trust the posts.. mostly :lol:
stevenshand

Post by stevenshand »

ScotRoutes wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:58 pm Karl has already done this

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15831
Yeah, I know. I commented on that post at the time as I was conscious I had a bunch of them an no harness to go with them.. I wasn't sure if that was a commercial thing or a stock product? Just after we did our first prototypes, I saw Apidura released something similar too.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Aye, it's a synchronicity thing. No one knows they need one. Then we all do 😁
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I like little things like this :)
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

https://www.amazon.com/RockShox-Reverb- ... B008QB0K6Y

rock shox also do a collar for the same purpose, if you've bought a new dropper some do come with the collar. have a shop around i've seen them for less than 15 english quids on ebay etc. :-bd
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

stevenshand wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 am I wasn't sure if that was a commercial thing or a stock product? Just after we did our first prototypes, I saw Apidura released something similar too.
It's just friends helping each other out :-bd

The first commercial I can think of was the Wolftooth Valais. I became aware of that I think in 2017, but must have been around for much longer.

Good thing with the Valais is; it doesn't rest on the dust wipers. Not so sure how other brands/DIY handle this.