Looking ahead - what are you looking forward to?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Re: Looking ahead - what are you looking forward to?

Post by FLV » Tue May 26, 2020 8:24 am

For me, just heading out on a trip. Packed up with days of living on the bike ahead of me. Doesn't have to be too long, 4,5, 8 days :grin:
Be nice if the weather was ok, be nice to go somewhere pretty, or even somewhere new!
I had lots of events planned into my diary, but now I just want to get out on some trips, might do events, might do ITT routes, might just go do a bit of touring.

I'm undergoing a minor lifestyle change which is working fairly well, but am now considering a major one. Still in the considering stages as I need to be sure its not a midlife crisis before committing too deep to it :lol:

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Tue May 26, 2020 8:53 am

I'm undergoing a minor lifestyle change which is working fairly well, but am now considering a major one. Still in the considering stages as I need to be sure its not a midlife crisis before committing too deep to it
I had mine at 33 Dave, probably the best thing I ever did. :-bd
#corporate shill for hire

RIP

Post by RIP » Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 am

I'm still having mine at 61! Embrace and enjoy....
"There comes a time in your life Ponsonby, when you think: 'My God, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

"It is in the petty details, not in the great results, that the interest of existence lies" - JKJ

darbeze

Post by darbeze » Tue May 26, 2020 9:53 am

Lockdown has had a funny effect on me.

At first I hated it and working from home was like a form of torture.

However, as time has passed, I have got used to it. Some organised rides I would have taken part in have been cancelled and our road trip to Norway and Sweden has not happened.

I try to ride most work days, either before or after work, with the longest ride at about 25 miles.

My wife and I have had fun discovering and exploring the multitude of alleyways and steps that are littered around our town on foot, so that has been nice and something new.

In terms of looking forward? The rescheduled WRT and to go on our road trip in the van and see what's out there.

Si

FLV

Post by FLV » Tue May 26, 2020 10:22 am

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:53 am
I'm undergoing a minor lifestyle change which is working fairly well, but am now considering a major one. Still in the considering stages as I need to be sure its not a midlife crisis before committing too deep to it
I had mine at 33 Dave, probably the best thing I ever did. :-bd
Indeed. You inspire me Stu :lol:

I dont know exactly what I am talking about just yet, just that it's something, and will take some financial planning, and that I had better get on with it :lol:

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 am

I did actually have a very fast red sportscar for a while too ... oh it was fun and the nearest thing I've experienced to a bike on 4 wheels that wasn't a racing car. However, best rule out any notion of manny fagnet as I discovered it takes more than a car and a clean T shirt. :wink:

RIP

Post by RIP » Tue May 26, 2020 12:31 pm

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 am
it takes more than a car and a clean T shirt
Do tell. I could do with a few tips. My success with nice ladies in Spars or behind bars (not that sort, oh I don't know though) seems to have dropped off recently.

Oh, and car pics please of course.

This?

Or more this type of thing?

"There comes a time in your life Ponsonby, when you think: 'My God, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

"It is in the petty details, not in the great results, that the interest of existence lies" - JKJ

ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes » Tue May 26, 2020 1:08 pm

It hadn't occurred to me that Stu had a previous occupation as a hairdresser.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Tue May 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Do tell. I could do with a few tips.
No, I've no tips Reg. Simply that I was very disappointed to discover that said car and clean T shirt didn't cut it. I failed to add anything further as I couldn't think of anything other than what I already had.

psling

Post by psling » Tue May 26, 2020 4:37 pm

This was my mid-life crisis when I was about, mmm, 20 years old :-bd

We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.